Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Do you run with a stroller?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Or pushchair, whatever you want to call it?

I just pushed 27kg of my offspring around five and a bit hilly miles in an hour and five minutes. Sodding hard work on the hills of course but leaning on the pushing handle actually helped quite a bit 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

I used to push our twins quite regulary, but I ended up injured from it. Now run alone or pull the trailer on the bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

What injury did you get and how was it directly related to pushchair pushing?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My nephew had a proper rugged looking push chair with 3 wheels and knobbly tyres, used to run pushing him round forests and stuff. Bumped his head a bit and he has grown up to be a big if a tough nut thug.

djglover
    Free Member

a tendon rupture and a pulled soleus. From pushing the bugger up hill. Although I did used to run 7.5 miles in about 55 minutes, so I could probably have gone a bit slower to mitigate it.

hels
    Free Member

My evil stepsister used to go running with her kid in the pushchair. The front wheel caught and she tipped the kid up on it’s face not once, but twice (shes not a nice person).

She did stop doing it after the second trip to A & E.

RealMan
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah there’s no tipping up my double Chariot. It’s a behemoth with the jogging wheel on the front.

crankinirish
    Free Member

The Mrs and I both run with the wee one in a single chariot with the jogging wheel and the infant sling. Cant wait until shes big enough to pull her behind the bike.

antigee

not now – kids are old enough to learn to drive (9 & 11)
    but did it lots – old trek buggy like a chariot but no suspension
    only tip is a velcro strap for the downhills
    and very enjoyable

blades2000
    Free Member

Yes I run with my daughter in our chariot (single). We even managed a 5km race a few weekends ago managed a respectable time of 24min . Due to where I live (Bogota, Colombia) all the running I do is on pavements/closed roads, its also flat which I am glad of. Daughter seems to fall asleep most times while out.

Its the only exercise I get at the moment so quite happy with my progress. Next race will be a 10km, plan is for a sub 50min time though this will depend on how busy it is during the race.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t imagine how easy it’d be on the flat – nothing flat at all on this route 🙂

roper
    Free Member

My son loved going for a run. We used a bob stroller which had space for drinks and food and a great bug and sun screen for him. It was a great way to combine looking after him ad getting a run in.
    We don’t have any flat hills but I prefer running up and down anyway.

TooTall
    Free Member

We have a proper Baby Jogger as Mrs TT wanted to get back to running after Ms TT came along. She did the Bath Half in March pushing it. Designed for the job, but you need to watch your own posture and accept a shorter stride than you’d normally run with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Do you run with a stroller?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM