Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • do you mismatch tyres?
  • HTTP404
    Free Member

ie have you found a combination from different manufacturers that works good?
    or is this an STW bike fashion crime?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

For me it’s a crime. I like matching tyres. Not bothered wether the logos’ line up with my rim logos’ tho’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course.

Nothing at all wrong with it. After all, a front and rear tyre are designed to do very different things, so it may well be that two different manufacturers are better at two different things.

Non-matching colours of tyre, however….. 👿

cynic-al
    Free Member

logo’s should align w/valves – anything else just looks sloppy.

I use any old tyres that work, I don’t understand folk that must have matching types.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

yes, fat grippy on the front and narrow next to no tread on the rear

if you wana go fast anyway

Baldysquirt

always mismatched tyres – it’s the only way to get the performance I want from each end.

HTTP404
    Free Member

what tyres are people mismatching with what then?

I’ve gone intense cc 2.25 front with Michelin XC All Terrain 2.0 rear

alpin
    Free Member

yes. although both maxxis.
    front – high roler (tacky)
    rear – advantage (tacky but so like the front)

front gives out lots of grip in corners and the rear seems to handle roots and rocks well. run rear at ~35psi and haven’t (touch wood. wahey! too early for that!) yet pinched flat.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Match brand and colours.

mike_check
    Free Member

yep, Continental Explorer on the rear, and Maxxis Advantage on the front, originally planned to use them the other way round but the Maxxis 2.1 was a bit chunkier than the Conti 2.1 so switched em, works great for me this way.

nukeproof
    Free Member

For my hardtail I use a Bonty Mud-X on the front and Kenda Cortez DH on rear: Mud-X great for grip and cornering, Cortez big and comfy for my rear.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Matching tyres! Maybe when the bike is new then replace the worn one at the back with what ever takes my fancy Have never had two tyres wear at the same time.
    I have just realised that the spell checker on here is American. 👿

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘do you mismatch tyres?’ is closed to new replies.