Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Do you have an alcoholic drink that is your 'Nemesis'?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Baz Bomber

Pint of lager with a double vodka and lime in it. Taste’s like a lager and lime but you can only do this when you are 18.

I used to work in a bar in Perth where the pre-football crowd would drink snakebites where the lager was Special Brew and the cider White Lightening.

HansRey

tequila, sambuca, pastis, absinthe, salmiaki vodka, jaluviina, rakia all make me rolf.

mcboo
    Free Member

I love Sambuca. I hardly drink now but am going to have a couple of glasses after dinner on Friday.

grantus
    Free Member

Is it Madness?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nope 🙂

stumpy01

cupra – Member
    Not a drinker really but vodka hits the stomach and comes straight back up, pleasant for all concerned.

Not the not drinking bit, but the vodka bit. It’s OK when mixed, but drunk neat it just wants to come straight back up.

Jack Daniels gives me a rotten headache. Even just 1 JD & Coke, so it must be something that’s in it.

Tequila I seem to be able to drink a lot of for some reason. I used to house share with a bloke and we’d play Tequila Banzai (remember the TV show). Place your bets & if you lost you had to drink a shot. I think we used to average about 11 or 12 shots each per show……

rewski
    Free Member

Therapy?

binners

I used to work in a bar in Perth where the pre-football crowd would drink snakebites where the lager was Special Brew and the cider White Lightening.

😯

hora
    Free Member

I used to live on white lightning and Uni. We each had a bottle before going out.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

rewski – Member
    Therapy?

POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Check out the brains on Brett 🙂

binners

Pre-going out drinks at uni? We used to have Fastaways. Bottle of Castaway, bottle of Diamond White. Drop a gram of speed in, mix, neck in one. Ready for anything 😀

rewski
    Free Member

Check out the brains on Brett Google

😉

sobriety
    Free Member

We used to make that at uni as well, except we used port rather than blacks and called it ‘Snakebosh’. Twas an excellent pre-club drink….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

rewski – Member
    Check out the brains on Brett Google

POSTED 24 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    8)

grantus
    Free Member

Castaway! there’s a drink from the past!

Haven’t seen anyone admit to anything involving Babycham yet 😉

stgeorge

TVR

Tequilla, Vodka, Red Bull

Just say NO……….

carlosg
    Free Member

Diamond White turns me into a right nasty piece of work even just 1 bottle when sober,I get arsey with people/start fights without reason.

I haven’t touched it for years because I know what it does to me.

Normal cider/scrumpy don’t have the same effect (thankfully cos I like them)

scotsman
    Free Member

Ahem, Babycham you say, on a camping trip many moons ago up the west coast somewhere can’t remember where exactly, anyway after camp and bikes were set up we nipped down to the village shop (in car) for some supplies, and low and behold they have a promotion on, buy the evening paper and get a 6 pack of babycham free, he only had 45 papers left as he had sold 5 to the locals already, so we purchased them all at 32p at the time IIRC, so 270 bottles of babycham later…….. £14.40 for 270 bottles, good deal we thought.
    Shop keeper was not impressed so we left him 44 papers.

Shak47

a Double Pernod and Blackcurrant in a Pint of Cider,a Red Witch?
    Woke up in hospital after a few too many pints of that mix.
    Malibu, teenage experiment, cant even smell coconut without feeling sick 30 years on.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I can (somehow) remember swigging from two bottles of K Cider simultaneously. Ouch. I couldn’t walk home from the pub if I did that now, but that was just last drink after a night on the pop back then.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Then there was ‘Spiders’ nightclub in Hull – a Goth/Metal nightclub frequented by students – they did a ‘Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster’ which was basically a top-shelf rally in a pint glass. Ohh the memories of drinking that whist listening to Black Sabbath ‘Sweet Leaf’ blasting through their PA 🙂

binners

They used to do that at a pub near work MF. It was referred to as a ‘Life on Mars’ and was a birthday tradition that couldn’t be escaped!

Aaaaah the projectile vomiting memories

piha
    Free Member

As well as tequila (the devils very own tipple), my other nemesis’ are Brodie and K cider, both would turn me into some kind of devil eyed monster.
    Ruddles County turns me into a biological time bomb that could clear a small city in seconds – pppphaaarrrrpppp! Bought some cheap Grappa from a local supermarket once and bejesus it was rough.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Myeh – nothing like pubs next to work and birthdays – that’s where/why the ‘orgy’ night started out way back when (1992 I think). The Commercial, Earlsheaton nr Dewsbury. Pints of Tetley’s and karaoke (Summer Loving) with another guy. LOL. Ohh happy memories.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Hold on a second. Did I read this right?

As an aside, a drink which sounds revolting but is actually rather tasty is a Buckfast milkshake. 50% Buckie and 50% milk – genuinely tastes yum

Really?

Are you sure? I have never drunk buckfast due to an encounter with a friend who had been drinking it. He emerged from the pub cubicle ashen faced, wiping spew from his mouth and then washed his hands. Turned to me and said never drink buckfast. and then stumbled off to the cubicle and started voming again. I never have.
    My nemesis is vodka.
    And jack daniels. Mainly because if I find myself drinking jack, (and there is only one pub where I would find myself doing this and one group of friends) I know that the night has somehow gone very very wrong and nothing I can do will save me.

sobriety
    Free Member

Ohh happy memories.

Or lack thereof!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Tequila turns me into a stunt double for Linda Blair in the Exorcist. Projectile vomiting, speaking in tongues, the works.

Never knowingly touch the stuff.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

sobriety – Member
    Ohh happy memories.
    Or lack thereof!

Back then I could recall my nights’ out – we ended up in Wakefield at the world-renowned (at least around Yorkshire) Rooftop Gardens before going back to a work colleague’s flat with another guy and two girls we worked with. Which is when I fell unconscious, clutching a bottle of Southern Comfort…

hora
    Free Member

I was a bouncer at rooftops, blimey so you were the lad who was spit-roasted? Well I never! 😀

Did you ever go to Hardtimes in Mirfield?

RichPenny
    Free Member

My nemesis is also my special weapon, as Vodka Redbull renders you completely sober after drinking it for more than 8 hours. Have never had worse hangovers though, so I try to stay away from it now. When I’m very drunk whisky is the one most likely to make me vom so I just avoid it if I can remember what I know it’s about to make me do 😉

Most dangerous was probably the bottle of absinthe with a decent % of wormwood in it. Caused a full on family row that did, which is unheard of for us. I bought it for my mum’s 50th 😆

tazzymtb

my nemesis is absinthe, I love it but too much makes me go whooooooarluk everywhere…. yey 2000AD reference mission complete

palmer77
    Free Member

Slivovice 😳

MoreCashThanDash

Thornbridge Jaipur IPA – goes down a treat, gives you a truly skull cracking hangover the next day, even with only a couple of pints

JulianA
    Free Member

Amaretto (awful, really, really awful)

Killepitsch (sp?)

Never, never again. (Well, I might try Killepitsch again. Maybe. I hope not.)

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

all alcohol is my nemesis 🙁 sambuca especially though; just ’cause it tastes so so rank.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hora – no, my shenanigans were based around Dewsbury and Wakey due to work and workmates. 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

In my sleep. I grind my teeth.

Saw ’em live last November. Played Troublegum straight through.

F*cking, f*cking fantastic.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Myself and 2 chums made absolute beasts of ourselves on tequila in germany on an NMA tour once; totaled the bottle and a bag of lemons, helped Justin et al finish the rider (the band were not particularly big drinkers apart from Moose) and made our way back to the EMI rep lady’s house.once there we marveled at her record collection blagged as much cool promo swag as we could and collapsed arseholed drunk. the next morning we were met with stern German scowls and asked to leave. turns out of of the lads had “made love” to the EMI girl while we sensitively roared on encouragement from the lounge. I was very very drunk at the time….

hora
    Free Member

MF reminds me of a time I ran through a pub naked in Dewsbury for a bet after a great night 😀

..and I once went to a fancy dress in a dress on the train from Hudds to Dewsbury…got some funny looks but **** it 😀

mos

Whisky is my nemesis. After necking half a bottle at one of Debbie Wilsons infamous house parties when i was 15, threw up for an hour in sink & wierdly got nowhere when trying to convince her to “make lurve” afterwards.

Cannot stand even the smell of the stuff now (whisky that is).

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Do you have an alcoholic drink that is your 'Nemesis'?’ is closed to new replies.