Home Forums Bike Forum DIY Ebike Conversions – Bafang

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DIY Ebike Conversions – Bafang
  • benz
    Free Member

Folks,

Have any of you successfully done your own ebike conversion using a kit from Bafang or similar?

Mrs B would like to get her 26″ wheeled Voodoo Canzo FS ‘assisted’. Too good a bike to junk but she fancies assistance as she is going out with a friend of ours plus our daughter – but they are on horses…albeit at a gentle pace.

Thanks.

somafunk

I converted my cove hummer with a bafang bbs01 kit from darren at brighton e bikes , very simple to do and works well with the added benefit of a throttle, the pedal assist is a bit agricultural compared to the likes of the bosch cx motor in my scott e-genuis as the bafang motor kicks in based on the revolution of the cranks, so you can spin the cranks with barely any pressure and the motor will kick in and get you up to speed – i had my BBS01 programmed by darren with a general all round setting (no chance of burning out the motor) and it’s perfectly fine for my needs, he was very helpful, I can get approx 20 miles use before the battery runs out on throttle alone.

This kit here  plus i fitted a lekkie NW bling ring and Lekkie buzz bar cranks as the original cranks are a bit naff

benz
    Free Member

Thanks.

Are you using mech brake calipers?

Mrs B has nice pink Hopes on her bike which she would prefer to keep….

Whereabouts did you get the nw and nice looking cranks?

Thanks again!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have one on a cargo bike.

I bought a third party spider adaptor and run 4 bolt rings.

Playing with the Bosch on my wife’s haibike hire bike and I much prefer the bafangs on/offness and ability to set the assistance level manually.

Ecos on Bosch too much assistance for my wife (even at 5 months pregnant ) with me doing 30kph on the road bike with the bafang at home you’d just turn it down manually. She’s ending up having to soft pedal rather than getting proportional assistance.

somafunk

I never bothered to fit the motor cut off sensors/brake sensors nor the gear change sensor as there’s no need for them if you have a bit of cycling sense, they’re prob more useful for a total cycling novice.

All parts were bought from Darren @ Brighton bikes and the brakes are formula r1 hydraulic, some folk may say go for the Bafang hd kit but the bbs01 kit is more than enough speed and power/torque for road/off road, the lekkie front ring is a 42 tooth driving a 11 to 40 rear cassette, I’ve set my upper motor speed on throttle to 18mph and upper motor speed when peddling to 24mph.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DIY Ebike Conversions – Bafang’ is closed to new replies.