Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Disneyland Paris..
  • steviegil
    Free Member

I have noticed that Disneyland Paris is doing good deals for early next year, so im very tempted to take the family over for a short break.

Now i have a couple of questions for you guys that have been – How did you get there(plane, boat or train) and was it a good traveling experience? Where did you stay and how long would you stay for? What age were your kids (if you had any) at the time you visited and how did they enjoy it?

Im toying with either driving from the west of Scotland or jumping on the train…

Cheers guys 🙂

wors

We are going at the end of april my son will be 5. Not decided how we are getting there yet though. Fancy the train myself but you can only book 3 months in advance.

nuke

We went via Eurostar (Very easy but we’re Surrey based), stayed 2 nights, stayed in the Sequoia lodge and the kids were 6 and 4.

I was cynical about what to expect but in fact we all really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. From experiences of Chessington/Alton Towers/Thorpe, the whole setup and experience was so much better.

For the record, Rock N Roll roller-coaster was considered the best ride by our then 6 year old son although he also loved Tower of Terror (He’s very into roller-coasters) 😀

Also very much rate the Wild West Show/Performance outside the main parks…it was expensive though

steviegil
    Free Member

Yeah i have noticed that with the train, bit of a PITA to be honest 🙁

Our kids will be 3 and 4(nearly 5) and we are thinking the end of march/early april. The ferries are doing crossings for £30 odd return but its a fair trek(8-10hrs) to Dover from me with 2 small kiddies…

EDIT: Cheers Nuke – i have spoken to a few people and the feedback does vary but its mostly based on whether the the kids were old enough to enjoy it..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Phone your bank manager before you go!!!!

steviegil
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    Phone your bank manager before you go!!!!

Oh, that bad? I had read on tripadvisor that the prices are OK 😕

nuke

we are thinking the end of march/early april

Wandering around the two main parks and, in the evening after the main parks shut, wandering around the mall/restaurant/lake area was part of the entertainment for us and this was improved greatly as it was warm and sunny until late…we went in June and there is obviously an element of luck but you may want to consider later in the season.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just kidding. To be honest i havent been, know a few people who’ve been and said its pricey but its the same at theme parks over here. One of the lads went last month and he spent a fortune, then again his missus does like to be a little flash!!!

steviegil
    Free Member

Its something we are considering as we may combine it with a longer stay in France, which given the distance we are having to travel makes a little more sence – just need to find the right accomodation for a longer stay 😆

ken_shields
    Free Member

If your kids are under 10 then they’ll enjoy it but it it **** expensive and they try really hard to part you from your cash.

When you get there go round and get the tickets for the rides you want so you don’t have to queue

IdleJon

How topical! I went to Disneyland Paris with the family last Sunday – just for the day, we spent the next day in Paris itself.

We had an epic 11 hour drive from S Wales to Dover – the M4 was closed and the whole of the SE was snarled up, seemingly – so we missed our ferry by 4 hours and booked into the Premier Inn in Dover having rearranged the ferry for early the next morning.

On Saturday, a leisurely drive down, used a combination of toll roads and normal roads. The toll roads roads cost about 20 euros in total each way, were clear and we travelled constantly at the speed limit, 80mph. Huge contrast to travelling in this lovely congested country!

We stayed in a Campanile Hotel – not recommended – on the edge of Paris.

Disneyland on Sunday! 15 euros to park. We spent 10 hours there, went around the whole of the main park – not the Studio one, although we had tickets for both. My kids, 3 and 6 years old, loved it. I enjoyed the rides despite hating the Disney brand. Queues were about 40 minutes, at the longest, for the main attractions. We ate at a burger place for lunch, about 30euros for McD quality food for 4. There seemed to be better food there, but with main meals costing 30euros each we weren’t too interested!

All of us went on Thunder Mountain, the roller coaster, several times. A first for my 3 yr old and she loved it and was just about tall enough.

There is plenty to do, plenty to see. The shops are expensive but you don’t have to go inside them. Thinking back, you don’t actually need to spend any money at all once you are inside the Park, but they seem to discourage picnics.

I wouldn’t object to returning, but could only cope with a day. I don’t understand how people spend more that that there. The constant loud, insistent Disney music was the worst thing. Other than that it feels very much like any other theme park.

After spending a day in Paris, we drove back, caught the ferry and got stuck in traffic on this side yet again. Of course.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

from scotland i’d fly to CDG and get a transfer

the disney hotels are very expensive and poor quality ime.hotel Santa fe was dirty. Food was a bunfight and rubbish and they charged me 5 euros for a 200 ml carton of uht milk for our then 3 yo

we stayed at the hotel kyriad 5 minutes off site the 2nd we went and it was great. better food cleaner and better rooms. we booked that online rather than thru disney and much cheaper.

Our little girl looved it. food in the park itself is rubbish and expensive. For my 36th birthday i had lunch with the princesses. Sadly they don’t do extras- well she is called Belle!! That was great for the kids but very expensive!

If your kids want to meet characters i would reccommend dinner at cafe mickey in the area just outside the park itself. all the characters come round the table and it saves queueing for the meet and greets in the park

definately do the fastpass thing too

apart from the poor food and hotel the rest of it was great

LardLover
    Free Member

Sleazy Jet to CDG, then take the RER to Chatelet then get on route A4 to Marne le Vallee. Cheaper than the Disney Shuttle by far.

We went for a long weekend, of 4 days it was 2 days too long (a day in each park is sufficient). Food was really expensive and sh1t quality, everyone seemed to smoke, especially when in the queue for a ride. Disney Hotel was really basic, really really basic (Hotel Cheyenne). Breakfast time was a fookin’ joke, it was like a free for all. Best bit? Aerosmith’s Rock-n-Rollercoaster and Terror of Tower.

Would I go again? No

Do yourself and your family a favour, save a little more and take them to Florida, or if it was me, Californ-i-a.

junrel36
    Free Member

hi everyone. i know this link was months ago. if you happen to read again im going to disneyland this may landing in CDG. So far i have this for transfers

any suggestions is highly appreciated. thank you

scotabroad

Went in 2004 on return from a camping trip, kids were 4 and 5.

It was absolutely mobbed when we went, long queues, expensive food, kids could not see characters, bargey crowds.

Was only by about 6pm the crowds died down.

Hated it.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I would rather set light to £500 than go back to that place.

1) Dont kid yourself about 40mins queues. Its more like over 1hr per ride and then the ride isnt anything special.

2) It is no better than lego land and just another way of over charging you for tat.

3) Someone above mentioned 20eu for this and 30eu for that etc. Lets just say if you want to go there and make use of the resteraunts etc you are gonna be fleeced.

4) Its full of french

5) The kids end up moaning about queing in the heat

6) You end up knackered entertaining the kids whilst you are squashed between a couple of overweight frenchies

7) Teenagers just push into queues everywhere so you end up queing longer

8) The ticket prices are a rip off. Big tip here, use the French disneyland ticket website. We saved 50% for just 5mins extra work and the tickets are printable so no difference to getting them from uk one.

9) Save your money and take your kids camping etc and give them some excitement rather than spending a day queing.

10) If you must go then make sure you get a good spot for the parade. That was without doubt the highlight

At the end of the day Disney Land paris is a success based on parents thinking its what their kids would like rather than the actual kids opinion. Mine havent mentioned it again since. They mention camping trips over and over again.

Avoid imo

Edukator
    Free Member

Port Aventura next then Hobo, there’s a lovely campsite called Sanguli in Salou with busses direct to the parc. 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Nah, the wife has put her foot down this year. I am saying goodbye to the price of a decent car this year for 10 days somewhere sunny.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

More info here too

Singletrack post from a few weeks ago

The ticket prices are a rip off. Big tip here, use the French disneyland ticket website. We saved 50% for just 5mins extra work and the tickets are printable so no difference to getting them from uk one.

😯 cheese munching robbers!

IdleJon

TheLittlestHobo – Member
    I would rather set light to £500 than go back to that place.

£44 per child and £48 per adult for a day ticket today on the Disneyland Paris website. Why the hell did you pay £500? (We paid much less than £200 for a family of 4 last October.)

1) Dont kid yourself about 40mins queues.

40 – 45 minute queues during the middle of the day, much less later on. Again, last October.

4) Its full of french

Friendlier than a theme park full of English then…… 😆

9) Save your money and take your kids camping etc and give them some excitement rather than spending a day queing.

Why not combine the two, they aren’t mutually exclusive?

I can’t believe that I’m defending Disney!

If you treat it like any other amusement park anywhere in the world, you won’t go far wrong. Go for the day, do something different for the rest of the trip.

I hate Disney, not that keen on rides, but I managed to amuse myself for the day. Both my small kids loved it and want to go back, which is unlikely. There are other places in the world to go and see…

Whatever you do, don’t buy into the travel agent’s wet dream – 4 days in Disneyland for only a month’s wages.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Disneyland Paris..’ is closed to new replies.