Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Disc brake mounting bolts – size help? Think I ruined my forks :-(
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone any idea how much I should ask for as spares or repairs?

Inbred456
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought the wall thickness of the Ali where the bolt had pushed through must of been very thick to begin with for the bolt to push through. The steel bolt would of stripped the Ali thread first. I think you shouldn’t worry to much. There was no strength there to begin with if the bolt did that. If its 6mm drill through 5mm tap thread through and forget.

nick1962
    Free Member

Nearly did something similar myself when swapping over different sized mounts on different forks so don’t feel too daft.Hopefully you’ll recoup some cash from their sale.Everyone seems to damage their stanchions at some point and baulks at paying full whack for replacements.
    I’m surprised tweedviper hasn’t been on to gloat with some quip about how you did it because you were tired after staying up past your bedtime.Maybe he’ll catch your For Sale thread instead. 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha i thought the same mate. I was too eager to finish the build and probably wasn’t checking things like i usually do.

I shortened and bled a brake system, earlier that day i stripped and rebuilt my partner pc and then something as simple as bolting a calliper on catches me out!!!

Ah well thats life i guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Disc brake mounting bolts – size help? Think I ruined my forks :-(’ is closed to new replies.