Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Did you all sleep well?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I turned on about 11pm feeling very peaceful but my body remained alert causing me to toss and turn until about 2am when my youngest needed a pee..
    He crawled into my bed about 2.30 and wriggled about like only a toddler can, so at 3.15 and still not feeling like I had slept, I got up to have a cuppa.. By 4.30 I was ready to sleep so went back to my pit to do battle with the wriggling toddler..
    At some point just after 5am he pissed the bed mightily, and after a quick change I hoped to grab a couple hours kip before morning.. He was having none of that and chattered and prodded me until 6.45, at which point he woke up his older brother to be his accomplice in climbing to the top of the bookcase to get at the advent calendar..

Cue one roaring dad, and we are now all sat with heavy eyes studiously ignoring each other..

How was your night?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Slept like an elephant thanks, didn’t move at all, cheers for asking

chvck
    Free Member

Better than usual, only got up once to go for a wee and actually felt ready to get up when my alarm went off.

squealer
    Free Member

8day old baby here who woke every two hours from 9 until 7.

Painful.

hilldodger
    Free Member

7 hours of blissful sleep, down at 10 up at 5 😀

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I slept like a baby……..woke up very hour and cried my eyes out!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

15 day old baby in the bed with us waking every 3 hours for feeds and a 2 year old who falls out of bed in the next room.

I didn’t need my alarm this morning.

Cougar

Drove up from That London last night (250 miles), so got home bone tired but wide awake.

Went to bed about midnight, slept the sleep of the dead until about an hour before my alarm goes off; led there fitfully until finally going “bugger it” and getting up early.

So now of course I feel like I could go back to bed and sleep till Friday. Ugh.

weeksy

Same as usual. Went to kip at 11, fidgeting till 11.30, then slept till about 4am, woke.. slept… woke.. slept.. till 6.30 when my boy came in and I got up to WFH.

allthepies
    Free Member

My wireless burglar alarm detected a loss of signal from a door sensor in the garage so sent me a text message to let me know at about 3am.

So not great.

nbt

Nope. Called it a night about 11 as usual, then lay there dozing till about 1, up at 3 for a piss, did sleep a while but just dozing from about 6. No kids, no driving, just not sleeping very soundly

slowjo
    Free Member

In bed by 10.30, asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow. Ignored the alarm at 6 and slept until 7.

ampthill

I’m feeling a bit tired but

11:30-3:15 like a log (then wee and water), very rare for me to check the time

Back to sleep fairly quickly

A wake by 6:30 having slept less well second half

Real sympathy with the OP. When our kids were little I slept well except when I was being woken and doing something

toby1

Think I was pretty much out cold from 11 till 6.30, but cycle commuting and a lunchtime 8k tends to work that way.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Very soundly, turned in at about 11 (which is late for me) then dozed off, woke about 630, turned over and woke again at 8.

This is not always the case.

I know it’s impossible for those that have kids but Boots sell a night remedy (nutrasleep or Boots own) that really helps me nod off. No booze before them though.

I have periods of waking at 4 with mild headaches, once up I’m fine and drink tea and watch TV, bloody annoying it is.

No real idea what you guys with kids have to put up with 😐

DezB
    Free Member

Last week was really bad, but this week, fine. Dunno why it goes like that.
    Last night, slept like a log. Woke up to The Sundays at 6:25, which was nice.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Teething 1 yr old and a 3 yr old with an ear infection put paid to any ideas of a good nights sleep. Can of Relentless to start the day today

slowoldman

Two duvets. Nice and toasty.

TomB

12 hour Night shift on ambulance, just got in and am well jealous of all your lovely sleeps. Off to try to get a few hours before the next one tonight…..

zippykona

Corvonia night time assisted bliss.

wilburt
    Free Member

Asleep for 10.30pm, awake again at 3am, cup of tea, back to sleep at 4am, then up at 7am, bout normal and feel fine.

senorj

I feel your pain.
    Had 2 y/o animalolympics for the last three nights.
    He was practising jingle bells from 2 a.m. to exactly 4.31 a.m. Tuesday morning 😯 and then delighted in telling me he had wet on my pillows. grrr.
    Last night it was the wheels on the bus and Baby come back by the Equals WTF!!

rocketman
    Free Member

My biggest problem is waking up

mogrim

Slept well, about 6.5 hrs thanks. Better than usual, in fact 🙂

While we’re talking about sleep, has anyone tried measuring their sleep with one of those monitors? (Activity trackers / smart watches) Are they accurate? And more to the point, are they actually any use??? (Xmas coming up, might be a pressie to myself…)

Drac

After 36+ hours awake and working about 20 odd of those I slept well.A bit restless as off for an interview today.

pictonroad

15 day old baby in the bed with us waking every 3 hours for feeds and a 2 year old who falls out of bed in the next room.

I didn’t need my alarm this morning.

this /8week old and /3yr old.

I’m doubting whether it’s all worth it at the moment. 😐

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Nope.

Seem to be in the habit of waking up in the middle of the night, and lying there until I finally get bored and sit up to look at the clock. Which usually turns out to be around 3:30am. Then lie there until I am woken up about 6ish by the missus getting up. Then sit in bed awake until the last possible minute.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

My 12 day old son woke up every 3 hours for a feed/nappy change so not a great nights sleep at all…

Bregante

Just off to bed after finishing my 16th night shift in 19 days.

Houns

10 hrs. Very well thanks. Great not having kids

LoCo
    Free Member

anybody that had more than 4 hours for the last 3 days can F’#+ off 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

Woke up at 7 and emptied washing machine then went back to bed where I still reside.
    In new flat and fitted black-out blinds yesterday so I’m blaming them for not getting up.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Went to bed at midnight after a 2 1/2 hour filthy cold ride.
    Discovered 2 year old in my bed with the missus so I opted for the futon in the spare room.
    Tried to read a book. Re-read the previous chapter as I didn’t remember reading it the previous night. Got 2 pages into the next chapter and fell asleep until the alarm went off at 6.

You chaps with the new-borns waking up every few hours. Suck it up. My eldest used to demand feeding every hour, on the hour, for the first 6 months. He didn’t sleep through until he started school. He now needs to be woken up (although only on schooldays, gets up at 6 at the weekend). His younger brother appears to be following the same pattern….

MoreCashThanDash

Fell asleep in bed during the weather forecast about 10.30 after a pleasant evening ride and a pint of the Derby Brewerys latest guest ale.

Got rudely awoken at 0.15hrs by MrsMC leaping out of bed shouting “I’m coming!” and running for tbe bedroom door. 😯

Apparently she’d dreamt that LittleMissMC had shouted for her.

Slept OK after that.

Yak

Not really. Worked till about 1, then bed with an active work-infested mind. and all of a sudden it’s 7 and I’m rushing about getting kids ready. 2 coffee’s in and think I need another before I send any work out.

nemesis
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    While we’re talking about sleep, has anyone tried measuring their sleep with one of those monitors? (Activity trackers / smart watches) Are they accurate? And more to the point, are they actually any use??? (Xmas coming up, might be a pressie to myself…)

I use misfit on my pebble. TBH it’s vaguely interesting (and free) so I put it on to see but it doesn’t really tell me a huge amount – I know how much I sleep and ‘deep sleep’ seems to vary from 3 to 4 hours mostly with the occassional 2.5ish hours but that doesn’t particularly seem to relate to how I feel when I actually wake up.

So in conclusion, I wouldn’t go out of my way to get one specially.

Oh and I slept 6:53 last night apparently which sounds about right. Slept well apart from a brief wake up from Nem Jnr at 6 or so because he was awake but he went back to bed to read.

fin25
    Free Member

Slept like a log until I woke up and realized one of the dogs had got under the covers and cacked himself… 👿

ahwiles
    Free Member

bed by 11, slept well, up at 7:15.

no kids! 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes thanks – out beautiful 6 month old started sleeping from 7 till 7 4 weeks ago – we had 5 months of hell – until 4 weeks ago she never, not once slept for more than 3 hours, it always took 45 mins to settle her again so a normal night meant 5 hours sleep in two shifts, a good night 6 and a bad night none, none at all.

When she started sleeping though it took a week to actually feel tired again – the first 5 days I felt so rough on 8 hours sleep I thought I was ill – it took a week to come down from ‘over tired’ to simply tired – I feel like Zeus now.

johndoh
    Free Member

Worked 8am till 10pm without a break (apart from here, ahem), got home, ate, went to bed at 10.45pm and fell instantly asleep. I have no idea if my wife was up with our kids at all but the next I knew it was 7.30am and I was met by a cuddling 5 year old.

When is it Christmas?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Did you all sleep well?’ is closed to new replies.