Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Did tesco build this On One?
  • D0NK

I would have thought that all that really matters is how does the bike/ fork combo perform

I would buy and ride an ugly bike (in fact I have) it wouldn’t bother me, but when asked I would concede it was ugly.

scaredypants

bowed-out downtube scares me a bit – looks like the wheel will come pretty close when a sus fork compresses. Presumably somebody’s measured it

Shandy
    Free Member

Some bikes and cars look ugly in photos, when you see them in the flesh they are fine. The carbon 456 is a bit like that and I suspect this one will be the same.

Junkyard
    Free Member

A curvy frame can be nice, but that looks like it’s been melted.

I agree
    DONK nowt wrong with an ugly bike if it rides well but that has gone too far for me to even consider I take back everything I said about it’s little brother itis the looker in that family

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Lovely, looks awesome, want one (with gears though)!
    Will match my 456c, and anyways, looks are subjective, you don’t see the thing when you are riding it and if you are that bothered about whether folk think your bike looks nice just put on the full face lid you undoubtedly have for canal tow paths and your anonymity will be preserved. 😉

rootes1

horrible looking

Kevevs
    Free Member

Well sir, I don’t like it, and neither does my dog.

Northwind

piedi di formaggio – Member

That reminds me a bit of that BMW bike from a few years back

Yup… Equally fugalicious

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

I would have thought that all that really matters is how does the bike/ fork combo perform

or do people stare at their bike as they ride along?/ sit in a cafe?
    stare at bike while riding along – NO
    stare at bike while sitting in cafe – YES 😳

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bloody awful, more like a Blind Mans Air Niner

Rorschach
    Free Member

New scandal=Replacement for my old scandal+some carbon forks 😀

psychojoy
    Free Member

I think it’s a nice looking bike. I’d definitely give it a razz around a forest to see if it’s worth buying one……

iain1775
    Free Member

That bikes so ugly it evens makes me consider giving it to my wife tonight

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Looks very nice, but I can’t see any rack or mudguard eyelets. All hybrids should have those, IMO.

smell_it
    Free Member

If I had to buy a one geared hybrid, I would rather it be cheap, I’ve seen a lot worse.

bol

I like it a lot. If I had the space for another bike, and could overcome my idealogical 29er aversion, I’d have one. The perfect aesthetic yin to my Soda’s yang.

rOcKeTdOg

doesn’t look much better in action (well the forks don’t at any rate)

Tunnelvision by wunnspeed, on Flickr

neninja
    Free Member

I need some eye bleach please.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It looks like a road racer, except that the front end has to be messed about with to accommodate a suspension fork. Look at pictures of Pinarello road racers for the fork shape. To my taste it’s be alright without the stem spacers, but I like it less than I like straight-tubed steel bikes.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

It looks strange, in a stealth bomber kind of way. I like it though!

mrplaybus

The new scandal looks yummy. Will it be for sale in that orange? As for the lurcher…. Not sure. Not really a fan of curved tubes 😕

bassspine
    Free Member

reminds me of this

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Did tesco build this On One?’ is closed to new replies.