• This topic has 43 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ART.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Did Autumn just sneak in?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Autumn is still 3 weeks away (officially starts Sept 22nd) but I know what everyone means, weather forecast this morn said might be a touch of frost in places tonight 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

This journey I took this ere morning, the train one, well it was rather lovely. One of the underlying traits Autumn has is the landscape to sky ratio. The clouds hang lower often full of rain but interspersed with that are often the brightest blue clearest patches of sky. These were in abundance today, hanging dragging low cloud coming off the sea, hitting the land and racking up on the south downs ten forming huge black clouds dropping what looked like an exceptional amount of rain. And the smell, the smell of damp forests and sodden riverbanks and mouldy leaves.
    This I like.
    This I like a lot.
    This is why I ride bikes, I like to get into all of that.

Also, if you are so inclined, Autumn happens to be traditionally* the windiest time of year and for people who play on the sea it brings an air of excitement and long days kiting or windsurfing on open wavy foam crested seas. Days of early mornings catching the sunrise over the beach, rigging in damp chilly airs, cold fingers, tingling toes on sand, first steps into the briny waters, late catch the last wave of the day before the sunsets with enough time for beers in the club.
    This I like.
    This I like a lot.
    This is why I like kiting/windsurfing, I like to get into all of that.

* other time of year can be windy too..

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Leaves just starting to turn, edible (but fooken disgusting) tree fungi spotted, and a cool +7c night forecast tonight. Yes autumn is here, it may phase in and out but it is on it’s way…

ART

Yes it did, light is changing, morning/eve temps making that subtle shift … love the changing of the seasons, just a shame about that ‘summer’.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Did Autumn just sneak in?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM