Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Dialled Bikes Alpine
  • JCornford

Who has got one?

Lets see some pics please.

Jamie
    Free Member

I had one. Does that count?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i would like one

JCornford

What did you change to and why?

I'm debating getting rid of the jump bike and putting most of the bits onto a trail frame along the lines of the Alpine.

jimmy

I have a 15/21" Mk1 in black, frame for sale. Loved it, will be buying another at some point in the future.

Grrr can't get to my pics at work 🙁

coogan
    Free Member

Freshly built. It's never looked like this since…

Jamie
    Free Member

What did you change to and why?

I changed to this (yes I am a Dialled Bikes brand whore) :

…reason being I was just not riding the stuff the Alpine is built for, maybe 5-10% of the time. It was and is a smashing bike and if i could have afforded to keep it I would have. The fact I have now got a car and can drive to the gnarlcore kinda makes me wish I had kept it 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Loads on here from earlier…

Clicky Thingy

JCornford

That is a lovely looking bike Jamie, what is the spec?

JCornford

That pic alone may have swayed me towards one of those instead, as I have a Yeti 4X for the bigger stuff and am only going to be using it as a trail bike.

GEDA
    Free Member

I use mine as My trail bike. It is great. It is à 16 but reguarly do 75 km rides on it. Just looks à bit silly with the Seat post right up. I like it better than the PA.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

I was just not riding the stuff the Alpine is built for

I'm the opposite Jamie – I have a Prince Albert but wish I'd gone for a Alpine. I'm in the North Lakes and I think an Alpine would be better suited to the descents around here. It's still a great bike though 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I'm the opposite Jamie – I have a Prince Albert but wish I'd gone for a Alpine. I'm in the North Lakes and I think an Alpine would be better suited to the descents around here. It's still a great bike though

We should have swapped 8)

That is a lovely looking bike Jamie, what is the spec?

Mixture of old bits from the Alpine, secondhand bits from the classifieds and new bits from Merlin.

Small Kawasaki Green PA Frame
    Hope Pro 2/Stans Arches
    Maxxis HR LUSTS 2.35s
    RS Rev U-Turn Dual Airs
    Easton EA70 Bars
    XT Front/Rear Mech + Shifters
    XT Brakes with 180/160mm Rotors
    Salsa Seat Clamp
    SLX Triple Chainset + BB/ SLX Cassette.
    Thomson 70mm Stem
    Thomson Inline Seatpost
    Superstar LockOns
    Charge Spoon

Works just great for trail use etc. Took it for its first proper run to Cannock this week. Chuffed.

smudge
    Free Member

Mike At Dialled is an ace guy 8) spent all week deliberating between the ALbert or Alpine. Loads of emails later decided and buying the Alpine 😛

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

parkedtiger – Member
    I was just not riding the stuff the Alpine is built for
    I'm the opposite Jamie – I have a Prince Albert but wish I'd gone for a Alpine. I'm in the North Lakes and I think an Alpine would be better suited to the descents around here. It's still a great bike though

I've never felt underbiked on UK descents on a Prince Albert. I've ridden mine down mountains, DH trails, uplift days the lot and its always been great. The only place I did feel slightly underbiked was in the alps and that was only because I was the only one of my group on a hardtail.

GEDA
    Free Member

barrykellett
    Free Member

and again…

_tom_
    Free Member

Works just great for trail use etc. Took it for its first proper run to Cannock this week. Chuffed.

How fun is the descent just after that bench etc?! Probably my favourite bit of the new stuff, loads of opportunities to get air.

Bike looks awesome as well. I'd considered getting an Alpine to replace my Trailstar but maybe a PA would be better for me.

stevomcd
    Free Member

One of our staff has one. He tears about the place (the Alps!) pretty well on it. Obviously it's a bit slow/sore on the DH-type stuff, but he's pretty quick on the flowy singletrack and probably quicker than a big full-sus on the tight, nadgery stuff.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I do love that red colour. It never comes over well in photos – Geda's is the closest picture I've seen. Saw one at Aston Hill a couple of months ago, and was knocked out by it.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Loving my Alpine, and everything said about Mike is true, couldn't ask for better service.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

@ doof, simply gorgeous photo!

jimmy

Bit slow on this one…

alpin
    Free Member

i got one and it **** rocks….

been riding it (almost) soild for two months across the alps. fantastic bike.

who needs FS….?

despite the fact i've been riding lots and taking lots of photos over the past months, i don't have a pic of the Alpine in it's revised state…

smudge
    Free Member

Mine arrives early next week, so keep the photos and specs coming 8)

alpin
    Free Member

found a pic of me riding…. note the gold rim. (i destroyed the last one, although it did survive for 2 1/2 years, so not bad going)

scruff
    Free Member

first time Ive took a pic of it-

hora
    Free Member

What size frame and height are you guys?

I think the 18" would be just too 'big' compared to my medium Blur4x (sizewise which I like)

scruff
    Free Member

Im 6ft n thick socks. Both my Hecklers were large and I ride an 18'' Alpine, straight post & 70mm stem.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes Alpine’ is closed to new replies.