Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Desktop Crashing
  • howarthp

Hi – I’m running Windows 7 and just started to get the odd blue screen and freeze while using different programmes. Also started geeting boot issues ‘Disk Boot Failure’.

I’m no techie – what’s the best way to start fixing this. Are utilities like Wondershare Powersuite any good?

Thanks for any help

Paul

titusrider
    Free Member

my general advice is that utilities are viruses in disgise and you are better off gettting it infront of someone who knows what they are doing

Cougar

Sounds like the hard disk is on its way out. Back up any data you don’t want to lose before you do anything else.

A chkdsk would be a good next step. Right-click the C: drive and pick Properties, then Check Now in the Tools menu. Tick both boxes, reboot when prompted, go put the kettle on.

I’m not familiar with the tools you mention, but at $70 you’re almost certainly going to be disappointed. Plenty of free tools do similar, and if it is a failing disk then all the software in the world isn’t going to help.

howarthp

Both – thanks. All data is backed up. Well try Check Now

wafty
    Free Member

might also be a good idea to take the case apart and make sure all fans are clean, as these problems could also be related to overheating

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Desktop Crashing’ is closed to new replies.