Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Design Agency pricing..
  • underthesun
    Free Member

I have been given the opportunity to pitch for a large design contract with a local housing firm and they love the design but its now come down to pricing. It is for a 8pp brochure from concept to final artwork for a new housing development. What sort of pricing would you guys be looking at charging for such a job. They are a large housing company and not a small one man band.

Cheers.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Doesnt really matter how big they are…. The fact that they are big means they are clever how much money they give out!

Work out how long it will take you by the day or hour and then x that by suitable hourly or day rate.

Not forgetting that the market is deflated at the mo and rates are through the floor.

Hope this was of some help.

BigJohn

Frst of all, ask yourself what would be the highest figure that you would say no to in a negotiation.

manitou
    Free Member

£3.50?

winstonsmith

do you want us to do the design work for you as well?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will you be doing it in word?

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Make sure you don't sell yourself short. If you're producing print-ready artwork and make a small cock up, they could ask you to pay for the reprint.

If I were you I'd charge a creative fee for the design and an artwork fee which covers x2 sets of amends. That leaves you room to charge extra if they take the mickey with loads of tweaks.

Something like £240 per page creative, £160 per page artwork.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol at deadly 😉 I would say around 2 days to design and artwork so around £800. Sounds piece of piss. Obviously doesn't allow for copywriting, photography, illustrations, charts, diagrams etc or printing. Or project management. Do you want us to tell you how much that costs too?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Design Agency pricing..’ is closed to new replies.