Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Decent Quality Bathroom Stuff
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just had a look in B&Q at bathroom accessories (bog roll holders, towel rails/hoops etc) and I was appalled at the quality of what they were selling.
    Any recommendations for where I can look for this kind of stuff that's decent quality? Don't mind paying for quality, don't like getting spanked.

Ta!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Good Accessories are always hard to find in my experience.
    I do know ikea ones are rubbish tho.
    Try your local bathroom places, that's where I tend to go

AlasdairMc

Hans Grohe make really nice stuff, we have a shower head/holder/soap tray combination – it came from John Lewis

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We've just kitted out a bathroom, and you can pay a fortune if you want to get really nice kit ie bog roll holders for £120!

However looking round ar reasonable stuff we found it all to be pretty rubbish apart from John Lewis.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

John Lewis, or amazingly your local plumbing store – it will on an industrial estate somewhere and will only have a counter, but they can recommend and get most stuff

thepurist

Tapstore.com do a fair range of styles & prices. We got some from there and it's doing OK so far.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try Lewis's. The B&Q stuff is utter shite, cheap and nasty rattly rubbish.

davidrussell
    Free Member

pricey but nicey

We've got some Smedbo stuff in the bathroom – really nice quality but as you say – not cheap.

Also try here for nice stuff too.

MrOvershoot

These do some nice stuff
    Hansgrohe

Keuco

Just go to a good local Bathroom/Wetroom company

donald
    Free Member

John Lewis +1

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think bathstore is OK from having a fondle.

CHB

Bathstore has some nice stuff.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The B&Q stuff is utter shite

Was it the first time you had visited B&Q ?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I wouldn't use Bathstore (even though they do have some rather nice stuff) because they add a charge for delivery to everything, so you go in the shop and see something marked £xx, when you come to buy it its £xx + delivery (they don't keep anything in stock), so in reality you can't buy anything for the marked price, dishonest in my book. 👿

teagirl
    Free Member

Are there any British companies that make quality bathroom accessories?

skinnysteel
    Free Member

In the process of having our cloakroom and family bathrooms refurbished. Installing Valsan Bathroom fittings. Quality at a reasonable price, imho. Ranges cover contemporary thru to traditional. Bought from Barnitts – ordered Tuesday evening, delivered Thursday.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Was it the first time you had visited B&Q ?

No, it was the first time I've looked at their bathroom stuff though, and whilst it can be pretty good for things like lighting and DIY materials, I thought they'd have at least a few decent quality lines.

The Smedbo stuff looks a bit more like it, ad I'll do some googling for Valsan etc.

Cheers!

z1ppy

Shibboleth – Member
    Just had a look in B&Q at bathroom accessories (bog roll holders, towel rails/hoops etc) and I was appalled at the quality of what they were selling.

Totally agree and with the Ikea comment, been on the look out myslef and all they seem to see if absolute crap. Good head up on the bathstore delivery charges, as I was gunna try them next..
    John Lewis is a suprising option though.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Z1ppy, someone suggest Next as well – there's a big store near me with a home section so might be worth a look too.

finnegan
    Free Member

We ended up with Crosswater taps in the downstairs loo (from the local bathroom and tile emporium) and Abode in the kitchen (via the local kitchen fitter). Both seem decent quality, and were a lot less expensive than similar looking things from the chi-chi bathroom shop.

Harry_the_Spider

Heritage bathroom stuff looks good, but we've had quality problems with it. I wouldn't buy it again.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Decent Quality Bathroom Stuff’ is closed to new replies.