Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • decals……… required?
  • paladin

Just been powder coated.
    Don’t usually go in for vanity, but would decals improve it, or is it better naked?

matther01
    Free Member

Couple of General Lee stickers strategically placed…along with one of daisy duke wrapped around the down tube? 😉

nedrapier

I think something is good, even just a headtube sticker/badge.

I took the stickers off my Dialled PA, it’s got an embossed headtube, and it’s primer grey, so plain suits it.

I got a headtube badge for the Dekerf after the recent respray. The paint’s nice, and the available decal colours didn’t work.

AlexSimon

If it were me, I would.

You could either get the original brand on there, or look at doing something more personal.

eg (just quickly obviously):

bensales
    Free Member

That second one of AlexSimon’s looks really good.

I’m in the ‘add decals’ camp. I always think bikes without them look stolen and chavved.

Euro
    Free Member

bigblackshed

AlexSimon.

You could have painted the OP’s shed while you had the photoshop brush out. 🙄

binners

*pits graphic designers hat on*

Got to be white against the orange. You can get excellent quality custom decals made up at Slik Graphics

paladin

matther01 – Member
    Couple of General Lee stickers strategically placed…along with one of daisy duke wrapped around the down tube?

I LIKE! :mrgreen:

bigblackshed – Member
    AlexSimon.

You could have painted the OP’s shed while you had the photoshop brush out. its not my shed, its my 8 yr old sons!

I do like the second of alexsimons pics, but no idea what I’d write.

Am off to look for daisy duke stickers…

AlexSimon

I do like the second of alexsimons pics, but no idea what I’d write.

I thought Paladin was quite a nice name for a hardtail/road brand 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

Without

With(in glorious retro metalflake)

Covered in helicopter tape to protect hence reflections.

RustySpanner

Not mad about the decals on mine.

It’s a red Rock Lobster 853 and the blocky graphics just don’t do it for me.
    I’d like it to be a This ‘n’ That Nehari 853.
    In Nissan Skyline dark purple.

That Saracen is beautiful btw.

faustus

Head tube badge yes, how about just a couple of bands of colour instead? Like the top picture from Alexsimon but without the words. Too many meaningless words on bikes as it is…

nemesis
    Free Member

I think bikes look a bit shit without any decals – makes me think of the kind of bike you see sprayed yellow all over (including tyres, chain, etc). Obviously there’s a limit when you start not being able to tell what colour the frame’s actually painted 🙂

This is about right for me.

binners

While we’re looking at recently powder coated skinny steel frames with custom graphics, it’d be rude not too….

back from the coaters

with custom graphics on

nemesis
    Free Member

Who’s Gregg and why are you posting pictures of his bike?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Go for the enduro in your face look and have something blocky in a medium blue. As for Daisey Duke, didn’t there used to be “slap-on art” decals of such things?

njee20
    Free Member

That second one of AlexSimon’s looks really good.

I’m in the ‘add decals’ camp. I always think bikes without them look stolen and chavved.

+1

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘decals……… required?’ is closed to new replies.