Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Why don't I get a say in Scottish Independence?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’m English and I don’t want it to happen. Shouldn’t it be a collective decision for all home nations as to whether to split the UK up or not?

CountZero

I’m English

There’s your answer, right there.

5thElefant
    Free Member

We get our own vote on whether we keep them next year.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Here’s why . Indy Vote

andytherocketeer

we’ve never had this question on here before 😉

move to Scotland, get on the electoral register. then you can vote. no need to be scottish, only an eligible UK voter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you need to ask you wont understand

wanmankylung
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KoKWf6pLs8&feature=kp[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just for balance, I’m English and i DO want it to happen 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just for balance, I’m English and i DO want it to happen

Hmm.. Yes, you may have mentioned that before…

GrahamS

Think it through:

Say Scotland voted Yes to Independence, but England voted No. What then? Force them to stay against their will? Maybe by military force?

Conversely say Scotland voted No, but England voted Yes. What then? Kick Scotland out whether they like it or not?

aracer
    Free Member

I think the reason we aren’t being given a vote is that the powers that be agree with you, but the majority of English voters don’t…

jon1973
    Free Member

If we ever have a referendum as to whether the UK stays part of the EU, do you think that all other countries in the EU should get to vote too?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think the reason we aren’t being given a vote is that the powers that be agree with you, but the majority of English voters don’t…

The majority of English voters don’t vote, so it’s pretty pointless asking them really.

aracer
    Free Member

The majority of Scottish voters don’t vote either – best off scrapping the whole thing I think.

matt_outandabout

I presume being English and living south of the border you would all want to get rid of us. Scotland is supposedly *such* a drain on resources, we cost you all a fortune being slackers up here and all.

wiggles
    Free Member

So it is just down the the Scottish and English then? The rest of us don’t get a say 😉

slackalice
    Free Member

I believe it was Mark Twain who said something to the effect of:
    ” If voting changed anything, they wouldn’t let us do it”

Happy days 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

Trailrider Jim – Member

I’m English …

Ya, you are a Johnny foreigner innit! 😆

Why do you need to have a say? You have had your said for more than 300 yrs. :mrgreen:

Edit: FFFFrreeedoommmmm!

rkk01
    Free Member

Having read the pages of vitriolic bile posted on the BBC and other media blogs, following the announcement of Cornish minority status, I would be horrified at the thought of the English electorate * expressing an opinion on anything…

One of the democratic benefits of a wider union is the representation of a broader suite of views. Perish the thought of a post Scottish independence EU vote. The “mass” of the English electorate would risk imposing an EU out decision on the remainder of the UK, irrespective of the relative benefits to individual regions 🙁

* note use of collective “electorate”

Shackleton

rUK don’t get a vote as it is Scotland voting to leave the UK not the UK deciding to dissolve. The difference (loosely) between walking out on a job without notice and leaving on mutually agreed terms.

steveirwin
    Free Member

What about me? I’m down under and I wanna vote too…doo dah doo dah

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s nothing to do with you being English, loads of English people are getting a vote. The difference between you and them is that they live in Scotland. Live here, you get to decide on what happens here.

Do you want to be able to vote in US elections too?

footflaps

Do you want to be able to vote in US elections too?

Well now that you mention it, yes please….

bencooper
    Free Member

Well I can, so nar nar nee nar nar 😉

br
    Free Member

I’m English and I don’t want it to happen. Shouldn’t it be a collective decision for all home nations as to whether to split the UK up or not?

I’m English and have the vote, I live in Scotland.

footflaps

I’m English and have the vote, I live in Scotland.

Well you’ll be first against the wall come September….

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If Britain leave the EU will Scotland please stay in the UK?

If Scotland leave the UK, I reckon Northumberland will surrender and become part of your new empire, wether or not you realise you’ve invaded.

If not can’t we just all give London the independence that it wants and deserves?

munkyboy
    Free Member

It’s like the end of a marriage, you don’t both decide that one of you is leaving for someone else. It tends to be one sided and rather messy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We’ll let you keep you’re pointless big black subs on Loch Long, in return for the Lake District. Sound fair?. 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

oliverd1981 – Member
    If Scotland leave the UK, I reckon Northumberland will surrender and become part of your new empire, wether or not you realise you’ve invaded.

I am going to move to Northumberland if that is the case … 😆

Frrreeedoommm! 😀

edit: then erect a wall to prevent the southern barbarians invading …

zippykona

So if it’s like a divorce, once the Scots have gone can we shack up with someone new. Someone ,hot ,young and sexy.
    Corsica, you don’t love France come and join us.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Why don't I get a say in Scottish Independence?’ is closed to new replies.