Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Deben Tracer Phantom 900 bike light
    Free Member

I have a Phantom 900 light on test thanks to my brother who writes for shooting mags and I must say I am very impressed all round with the light out put being more than my pair of AYUPs and it is a whiter light as well . The one bit which I have found VERY good is you can reset the second setting from any where from 100% to 0% which is then stored. I was foggy Monday night when I was out with it and I reset it lower so you did not get as much light coming back at you from the fog.
    I let some one else try it tonight in Joydens wood where there a a Magicshine as well being used and the Deben had the longest range on full power and also seems to have a wider beam pattern close in than the Magicshine. Deben also do a 700 which is a small light unit but I have not seen one of these in use. The 900 has a very well made mount with it as well.
    The night I used the light I had it set at about 75% of full power which seemed more than enough light. From what I have seen so far a light well worth thinking about if you need a light .

z1ppy

[img]http://www.deben.com/user/products/large/Tracer_Lights_Phantom_Bike.jpg[/img][/URL]

lipseal
    Free Member

It’s big and fugly.

neninja
    Free Member

It’s just a re-branded Chinese Ferei MCE bike light.

Ferei have a newer version the B9 now with a bigger battery pack than that Deben one. You can get the newer one for about £90 and the BL12 like that one for under £70 from HettyKat in Netherlands. There is also a smaller version available with an MC-E emitter for about £80.

The best bit is that HettyKat offer a 3 year guarantee on them.

Free Member

HI guys

used the new Deben last night and was very imprest with the amont of light it puts out, very wide spead and very white.

The amonut of light it put out gave me a lot more confidents when going round the single tracks and found i was going a lot faster. As said they do a smaller verision which would be same size as the magishine and would like to see that as well.

Best combo for me would be a Deben on the bars and a magishine on the hat just see to round the corners.

Just wish somone could come up with battery that last 3+ hours.
    Technology needs to look more on this side first i think.

cchris2lou

I had the magic shine last night and that new light was really good . a wider beam .

Free Member

Looks like I will have the 700 light to play with next week when it turns up. I will bring it Thursday if the weather is ok.

Free Member

http://keithallenphotos.posterous.com/deben-tracer-phantom-900-and-700-lumen-lights

I have been trying out the lights and have taken some pictures and I have also made up a helmet mount where I have found the 00 works very well

Free Member

I have taken some beam shots against my Ayup lights which are 640 lumen the pair.
    http://www.keithallenphotos.posterous.com/light-beam-shoots

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Deben Tracer Phantom 900 bike light’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM