Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Dear LBS customers
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

1. Why are you asking the same questions and having the same lengthy conversation with my colleague, that you’ve already had with me, twice?

2. WHy are you asking me questions and then speaking over me as I try to answer? I know you are entitled “Dr”, does this entitle you to be rude to those that you deal with in shops yesterday?

wwaswas

You need to project more gravitas when answering.

Junkyard
    Free Member

1. he is way more cuter than you
    2. WHAT SORRY I DID NOT LISTEN

creamegg
    Free Member

why are you moaning about it here?

patriotpro
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    1. Why are you asking the same questions and having the same lengthy conversation with my colleague, that you’ve already had with me, twice?

2. WHy are you asking me questions and then speaking over me as I try to answer? I know you are entitled “Dr”, does this entitle you to be rude to those that you deal with in shops yesterday?

Al – you need a shag, a holiday or both.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

1. I do not believe your answers, I am a regular STW poster, and therefore I know best, I wanted a second opinion, your colleague looks more intelligent.

2. See above.

Jamie
    Free Member

As per JY’s answer.

2. WHy are you asking me questions and then….SORRY I MUST GO NOW.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Al – you need a shag, a holiday or both.

lol

brakes
    Free Member

Dear LBS char wallah,

1. Why do you think this job is beneath you?
    2. Milk and two sugars in mine
    3. and a hob nob.

cynic-al
    Free Member

PP – you knows it, I need a holiday and a shag desperately. Luckily one is imminent!

3. Don’t you think it’s perhaps a cheek to ask me how to fix parts you bought second hand elsewhere?

Jamie
    Free Member

Luckily one is imminent!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t you think it’s perhaps a cheek to ask me how to fix parts you bought second hand elsewhere?

That gets right on my wick does that. As did the bloke who admitted he was going to buy off the ‘net once I’d found the right size for him. So the bike stayed in the rack.

z1ppy

1 ..Because you didn’t give him the answer he wanted, so he’s off looking for some-one else who will (he hopes)

2 .. a doctorate does not mean that you have common sense or any ppl skills (especially when not a medical dr.)

The rudest most ignorant idiot, who will not listen to (or retain) anything told to him I know, is a Dr (again not medical). In the end I told him he was a **** (rhymes with hunt) and he actually took notice, in doing so I saved the other members of the ride from committing physical violence (and I’m really very laid back).

patriotpro
    Free Member

Fingers crossed you will manage the other one whilst on your jollies then bud. 🙂

mike_p
    Free Member

This ^^ is why I buy all my kit online and learned long ago how to do my own spanner work. That, and the fact that 9 out of 10 bike shop wrench monkeys can’t even trim a rear mech.

If you don’t like dealing with J Public then get a different job!

bencooper
    Free Member

For 2. I just got for the 3-second pause. I sometimes get people who don’t stop talking when asking a question – they’ll ask a question, then say “The reason I’m asking is…” then carry on talking, often asking several more questions.

So what I do is, when they stop talking, I pause for 3 seconds. Long enough to make it clear I’m making sure they’ve finished talking, not so long that it looks too sarky 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That, and the fact that 9 out of 10 bike shop wrench monkeys can’t even trim a rear mech.

Drivel.

slowjo
    Free Member

Why are you asking me questions and then speaking over me as I try to answer?

Apparently I have started doing this to SWMBO 😯

Must stop, must stop, must stop ad nauseum!

I understand it is quite annoying!

zippykona

We get “do you sell knitting needles?”
    No, you need the wool shop 3 doors away.
    “I went there,they didn’t have what I needed”
    So why try a shop that doesn’t sell **** wool you stupid cow.

Northwind

cynic-al – Member

I get that all the time. It’s because I don’t know what I’m talking about. YMMV.

stever
    Free Member

1. Why are you typing when I’m speaking to you?
    2. I am an ENGINEER
    3. Ah, it’s a Large I need, thanks!

scaredypants

1. They’re trying to establish a rapport, though your colleague is cuter? Or potential customer is wavering – offer a minimal discount or bit of your famous LBS added value and snap them up.
    2. Maybe they’re trying to rephrase their question since you seemed to misunderstand or need further clarification. Better than letting you get to the end of your opus before doing so ? (Or else they’re trying to establish a rapport and show themselves to be somewhat knowledgeable)
    3. They’re probably trying to establish a rapport, despite your colleague being cuter. They’re also telling you they’re skint – see 1 above (may well not be skint, but that’s not important). Or try “how about a drink after work? you obviously fancy me”

4. Do you wear a badge saying “cynic-al – bighitter”? I imagine that’s a likely cause

cynic-al
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    That gets right on my wick does that. As did the bloke who admitted he was going to buy off the ‘net once I’d found the right size for him

People asking for sizing…I just say “there’ll be no problem sorting out sizing once you’ve identified the bike you are after.

scaredypants – Member
    2. Maybe they’re trying to rephrase their question since you seemed to misunderstand or need further clarification.

No, just going on to a different question. It’s only a few people, though they do seem to be mostly young doctors.

ben – good tactic – I tend to go for the sarky duration though.

Anyway:

4. If I am speaking into the telephone, it generally means I am having a conversation on that telephone, and I’m not generally good at having 2 conversations at once, so WHY ASK ME QUESTIONS WHEN I AM CLEARLY ON THE PHONE?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Doctorate in Engineering?

unklehomered
    Free Member

WHy are you asking me questions and then speaking over me as I try to answer?

Oh that’s just part of the human condition. I get people ask me where in town a place, is, so I show them – on a map, and they talk over me while I answer AND refuse to look at the map…

bencooper
    Free Member

4. If I am speaking into the telephone, it generally means I am having a conversation on that telephone, and I’m not generally good at having 2 conversations at once, so WHY ASK ME QUESTIONS WHEN I AM CLEARLY ON THE PHONE?

I use a Bluetooth headset so I can keep working in the workshop while talking – so it is a bit more understandable. I’ve developed a special wave-gesture-shrug that indicates “I’m on the phone, not talking to myself or you, and I’ll be with you in a minute”.

mattjg
    Free Member

Bike shop bods, if someone’s irritating you, make sure they know they can order parts much cheaper online, fit them themselves so they know it’s done right, save themselves the trouble of travelling back and forth to your shop, with a bike, for drop off & pick up (usually, more than once IME), and experience several other benefits.

They won’t bother you again.

tinybits
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

That, and the fact that 9 out of 10 bike shop wrench monkeys can’t even trim a rear mech.
    Drivel.

Then that makes you…. the one!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

[

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

[

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    People asking for sizing…I just say “there’ll be no problem sorting out sizing once you’ve identified the bike you are after.

And you wonder why customers tap your colleagues up for a second opinion…

:mrgreen:

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Dear LBS customers’ is closed to new replies.