Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Dear Ebay Buyer…
  • Jujuuk68
    Free Member

All I can say from buying bikes on ebay, is that “local pickup only” hammers the prices down……. I picked up a BMX that would usually go for £200+ for £40 because of the awkward location.

If your selling kids items, its likely that the kind of people who will buy this may not be in a position to collect.

People simply won’t bid. Why sell on a national/global site like ebay, if you are rejecting any buyer over 20 miles away?

If they want to pay for a courier, who will pick up at your convenience, why deny yourself ££££?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

After about 200 emails with this woman who wanted to buy it now and having agreed a price, she wanted me to pull the listing and she was going to drive 400 mile round trip and would only pay cash on collection! Of course I said no – 36 watchers so far so why risk pulling it and hope she would buy? I suggested paypal and bank transfers but nope – cash only.

Which is why I can’t be bothered with the messing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Juju – I live within 15 miles of York, Leeds and Bradford fo pretty dense population and never have problems with other collection only.

razor1548
    Free Member

“After about 200 emails with this woman who wanted to buy it now and having agreed a price, she wanted me to pull the listing and she was going to drive 400 mile round trip and would only pay cash on collection! Of course I said no – 36 watchers so far so why risk pulling it and hope she would buy? I suggested paypal and bank transfers but nope – cash only.

Which is why I can’t be bothered with the messing. “

It sounds like people on the ‘used baby junk’ market are buttholes on both side of the fence to me! 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cheers Razor, appreciated.

konadad
    Free Member

I like buy your item. you ship to Estonia ? No
    you give bank account i send money

geoffj

The shed could do with creosoting!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The shed could do with creosoting!

Nope – it is fully sealed using a clear and natural sealant (I hate the colour creosote gives to natural wood).

Saying that, I DO need to do the decking…

😛

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Dear Ebay Buyer…’ is closed to new replies.