Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dealing with pathetic management?!
  • billybob
    Free Member

I'm sure I can't be the only one who has to deal with incompetence from above in the work place?

How do you guys cope? I've had just about the 3 worst months in my job I can remember… & it's mostly due to management setting unrealistic deadlines & then moaning like hell when standards might slip due the stress they are putting me under.. I get poor to non existent briefs no communication & am at a complete loss on what to do to improve things.

simon_g

This book is pretty good – certainly gave me some strategies for when I was in a very similar situation.

Woody
    Free Member

It's called being an employee – just chill and let it all flow by.

If you can't do that, the only solution is to move company or start your own.

billybob
    Free Member

unfortunately in the current climate most similar companies are removing people not adding them.

Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket & win..

Blower
    Free Member

Chin em.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Chill – don't get stressed.

Poor briefs – ask them to improve them – in writing. Done politely its a good tool. " I am unsure what is required in this aspect – could you define / make clearer / itemise"

Unrealistic deadlines – again tell them.

learn to chill is the biggest part of it.

billybob
    Free Member

TJ i've tried communication all I get is it turned around – 'how do you propose we get it done then'

allthepies
    Free Member

Woody +1

jam-bo

'how do you propose we get it done then'

and how did you propose it got done?

MrNutt
    Free Member

buy a pair of white cotton gloves, fill them with vaseline, place one of each in of the managers paper drawer. Sit back and wait for them to fight each other for the other glove. The Vaseline Glove Method has been proven to work 1/3 times, its a commonly known fact that poor managers will fight to the death over a vaseline filled glove.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just toss it back into their laps then if that is their answer. " I don't know so I am coming to you for guidance"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with pathetic management?!’ is closed to new replies.