Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Deal Extreme HA-III SSC P7-C Bike Light Set – any good? any reviews??
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So…. for 50 notes I thought they're worth a try:

clicky

Has anyone used em/ reviewed em?

ta

singlespeedstu

Have you been living under a rock…. 😉

Coleman
    Free Member

About half the people on this forum have bought them, and the other half are waiting delivery!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got mine this week – ordered a few weeks ago.

Not ridden it yet but lights up my bedroom well!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Sorry, I don't really lurk here that often – the BikeMagic lot did say that you " were all going g@y over them" ..

seriously though.. I could do with an overview of people's thoughts, having not spent much time on here like.

thanks

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I ordered them yesterday (and yes I realise asking for opinions after paying for them ain't clever) and was wondering on delivery times etc?

ourmaninthenorth

Towards the top right of the screen, locate the search button. Vsriously search for "Dealexterem", "DX" and "Bastid".

You will receive more opinions than you could possibly hope to help you evaluate whether you have spent £50 wisely.

And WTF's with the "gay" comment? You're not Nick Griffin are you?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

cheers ourmaninthenorth

(and er.. re g@y comment.. that wasn't me.. that were someone else over on t'other side… )

I realised that there are a lot of DX related reviews on here but I didn't know whether anyone had experience of the actual bike lights as opposed to just the normal P7 torches??

Jamie
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider:

the BikeMagic lot did say that you " were all going g@y over them" ..

Aw bless 'em! They think their people!

z1ppy

new helmet mounted kit:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489

If Biketragic want to carry on using overpriced kit, well that's there issue. As for performance, I find the bike light slightly more floody that the original torch's, but the 'output level is the same.
    Overall very good, well recommended.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

ooh, I didn't see that helmet mount kit – interesting.

I've also ordered a little 801 spot thingy light to stick on my lid – do DX do the velcro mount things for them? (not very good at searching on that site tbh)

re bikemagic ..dont take any of them / us / me seriously – we're normal people really you know. lots of people have been using the P7's strapped to their bars for a while now.

ta for info..

Pook

I'm happy with mine. Took 3.5 weeks to arrive mind.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Got the ssc p7 hand held jobbie for 20 quid.Atomic power or wot.Once my back get slotted back into it's rightful place(again!)I'll be oot and aboot lighting up the winter moonshine – now theres a thot!

sherry
    Free Member

As said above go for the helmet mount version. I like mine and its as good as you'l get for the money, not sure you get the claimed 900 lumen's though! I wouldn't say its nearly four times as bright as my Hope 1 light @ 240 lumen's. I would guess around 600ish, still good though.

montylikesbeer

Had mine for 5 weeks, its good, very good.

But now I have a trout light…………………….nuff said

z1ppy

MLB, I'd love a trout light but it would start a lighting war amoungst my m8's that is really not worth starting, was bad enough when I 1st started night riding with a HID when everyone else had halogens.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

You tell them Biketragic blokes to 'Put Up Their Dukes' Ropey Reign Rider. We STW's wont stand for any of that g@y nonsense 😡

(I was warned about my latent homophobic issues last week by the mods here and am trying to rectify the situation by over compensating)

DT78
    Free Member

I recieved mine this week after waiting a month or so. Not been out on the trails but it is massively bright. Lights up my whole garden. If you point it at the sky you get a lovely white beam. I turned it off at that point in case I distracted any pilots….

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Monty, are you selling the dx light? (before i join the 2/3/4 week waiting list)

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Sorry Hobo – I'll skulk back to bikemagic where I belong..

pitduck
    Free Member

hobo my dukes were rubbish no more rockshox for me 😀

montylikesbeer

Sorry TP I am keeping my DX as a helmet light and to lend out to folk.

CountZero

I've had a P7 torch for over a year, and a P7 Bike light since early this year. Both are astonishingly bright for the money, and the actual output is around 700Ln, the same as an Exposure Toro at £225

roughneck
    Free Member

how much is a trout with all the trimings.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Cheers for the info guys.

I ordered one of those Ultrafire 801 thingy spot torches too (to stick on my lid) as I heard the DX bike lights are quite floody?

Should I just get another P7 instead??

roughneck
    Free Member

yes.

uplink
    Free Member

Reading through the many threads on these is a bit confusing [especially with a Monday hangover]

OK so to have a good set up with a bar mounted light & a head torch

one would go with the DX light already linked by RRR but which P7 lamp?
    This one?

Is there anything else I could do with ordering at the same time? chargers etc?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Actually, I was about to ask which P7 to buy too!

Also, can anyone link to the velcro strappy thing that you can get to attach P7 to lid with?

ta

uplink
    Free Member
    RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

ah, cheers!

robinbetts
    Free Member

Mine just arrived today!! Ordered on 9th Sept, quite a long wait, but from what I've heard on here, it's not usually that long. I had to prompt them with an email, when it has been saying "waiting for supplier" for ages when the site said "in stock". Anyway, trying them out up Cwmcarn tonight, can't wait!

Anyone know how long you should charge them for first time round? Presumably till the red light goes green? How long will that be? (excuse the impatiens) 😉

grumm
    Free Member

yeah uplink I have used them fine with a fenix torch and a Giro Hex before.

IIRC There is somewhere in the US where you can get 3 for about £10 but I can't find the link

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Mine came with a nearly full charge and light went green after 20 mins or so.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have two of the torches, plenty bright enough (one on bike, on on hat)

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

I ordered something similar for someone in the US they turned up in less than a week haven't had time to try them yet but they seem to be pretty good quality. For anyone who doesn't want to wait and wants a better build quality here the link

http://www.hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=PartsLed.htm&ORDER_ID=160797179

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

..except that he's out of stock of P7 LED's… doh

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Yeah if you want to order just the bits but hes doing pre build at the moment with reduced labor costs.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

RRR (I know who you are…………and where you live) – behave yourself, young man!! 😉

ooOOoo
    Free Member

tee hee

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

What did I do Greenvile?

*looks innocent and mildly confused*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Deal Extreme HA-III SSC P7-C Bike Light Set – any good? any reviews??’ is closed to new replies.