Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dead Ebike – Anyone know Shimano Steps?
  • GeForceJunky

Good Evening

I have just received a new Merida eOne-Sixty in the post. It worked fine once, updated the firmware using phone and charged the battery and now the remote does nothing so its stuck in off mode. No error messages on the display. Turns on and off fine but no way of cycling through the power settings or menu. Has any got any experience with the shimano steps system? How do you factory reset it? I’ve checked the wires from the lever and they look fine, anything else to check?

Cheers

doomanic

Have you removed the battery? Sometimes a full power off reset helps.

geex
    Free Member

have you checked both connectors are firmly attached to the display unit?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GeForceJunky

I removed it for about 15 minutes, no change 🙁 Disconnected both the wires into the back of the display and re-attached to make sure they were connected fine.

vincienup
    Free Member

If noone here knows an official hardware reset, removing all power overnight may be worth a go.  15 mins may not be long enough.  If there’s a hardware ‘on’ switch it’s worth operating that while the power is removed too – if there is residual power that should discharge it.

geex
    Free Member

Does the display show anything?

Does the button open the menus? or is it just the shift paddles that do nothing? (I’m guessing you’ve checked the connection to the shift unit too)

GeForceJunky

Display works fine, menu button opens up the menu, but you cannot scroll up/down as the lever does nothing. Yeah checked ends of the lever – display cable.

towzer

Are you sure the lever is clicking , ie mine didn’t work either as the lever was too close to the brake and didn’t pass the ‘click’ point(even tho it moved quite a way and made a noise) once I moved the lever to allow it to travel further it worked

*by lever I mean the Lh side motor paddles

geex
    Free Member

yeah. As above. after a crash mine had bent and the lever couldn’t reach the click as it fouled my dropper remote. bent it back and all fine. maybe your (steps/dropper/lever) clamp has rotated?
    Not tightened enough from new?

geex
    Free Member

if it’s not that do you know anyone else with an Ebike with a steps motor who’s controller you could plug in to your display to test?
    whereabouts are you?

GeForceJunky

Whoop Whoop, Tozer wins 5 gold stars 🙂 Levers were hitting the brake lever!

Thanks for the help, top service as always! Time to go wizz about in the woods!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dead Ebike – Anyone know Shimano Steps?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts