Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • Dating websites
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

I had a quick glance at Tinder and didnt like the look of the superficial idea, daft I know and the fact they could be nearby just waaaaatching you!

POF is fairly amusing to see what utter cr@p they can come out with in the space or two messages. Cant see how anyone can meet anybody genuine from there tbh!

DezB
    Free Member

Cant see how anyone can meet anybody genuine from there tbh!

Plenty have.
    As I said previously, it’s a massive site and there’s the full range of
    normal -> completely barking. And that’s no different from Match et al, just you can sieve through the shite without paying.

mrmojo
    Free Member

Many hits do you reckon you’ve had on your profile in the last six days !

maxtorque

+1 hit……….. 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Hey @GC I met quite a few nice girls/ladies/burds via PoF and struck lucky with one of them, so it can be done! She and I are looking to buy a house shortly. Though I have it on authority that every girl gets about 30 times as many hits as blokes do!

mark90
    Free Member

If I was an outdoor kinda guy (which I am) looking for an outdoor kinda girl (which I would be if I wasn’t already married) then I’d be more likely to click on a profile with an outdoor picture. Slightly more targted marketing 🙂

wolfenstein
    Free Member

206 post and 1 week later…….

nach
    Free Member

I’ve had some good experiences with OK Cupid, but that’s probably because I’m a guy. My not-guy friends, as with all the other sites with a free tier, get constant filth and requests for skype sex. PoF seemed a bit shit; I tried Match around 2010 and it was a desert.

If you want to write a good profile, avoid:
    “I like going out, and I like staying in too”
    “I love to travel”
    “I like all kinds of music really”
    “I love my family and friends”

Basically all true of nearly everyone, and everyone says these things (usually in the same ways), so they tell people almost nothing about you. People are way too verbose, even though they probably know most people decide on attraction with the pictures. If people respond because of profile text it’ll be because of a genuine shared interest or because you’re funny. The best profile I’ve seen had the answer “Cans and mither” for “Typical friday night”. The worst began “I’ve been single since 2007” and ran on for another few million words.

brant
    Free Member

GolfChick – Member
    It’s getting pretty annoying, couple of people have sent msgs but I’ve not paid for the service so although I’ve managed some fairly cunning googling so far Im running out of ideas. It’s not cheap you know!
    POSTED 20 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Having done a bit of time on a few sites, I got “liked” by a lady who had a quite quite awful, almost “block”able profile pic.
    She liked me late one night. So I liked her back.
    I was a paid site member. She wasn’t.

She then used a bit of Google. A bit of local knowledge. And emailed me.
    And I used that info to google her. And find some far more nicerer pics of her.

After a hiccup we met. And have been together for two and a half years now. And I’m slightly drunk in Old Gate so I’d better head home and finish her tea for when she gets in.

blondy
    Free Member

hi,another laydee doing the on-line dating fiasco at mo,im on POF at mo and can sympathise with golf chicks comments,ive been getting rakes off half hearted how are yous?and even a few sending semi naked piccys from the off.. 😯
    would be nice just to have nice normal convos and dates with people who aren’t hung up on their ex,s either.. 🙄

nickc

I’m so happy that I decided to jack in the date sites. If it happens I’ll meet some-one “normally” if not, then **** it, at least I don’t have to ask if it’s OK to drag the dirty bike inside 😆

blondy
    Free Member

if anyone i meet gets invited to my house the first thing that will happen is that they will trip over my bike on the way in as it lives in the kitchen near the door,and im afraid that’s where its staying.. 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

*note to self: create STW spin off site. SinglesTrackWorld*

fadda

I’m with nickc, just up there ^^^. I tried a few dating sites when I was first single, and it was just cringe-worthy. I think I’m a bit old-fashioned, too, in that I’m predisposed to be sceptical of what people say or claim on there.

So I did a bit of soul searching and kinda committed to be single for now. Have to say that I’ve learned more about myself in the last two years than I did in the wp years before them.

And I now feel that, whilst I’m quite open to the possibility of meeting someone at some point, I no longer “need” to do so – I’m pretty self sufficient, and know myself to the point that I maybe have more confidence about what I would and wouldn’t want to compromise on.

Not sure what that adds to the party, but hey ho…

allthepies
    Free Member

Loving the OK Cupid profile questions:-

“Would you ever sleep with a serial killer?”
    “Do you avoid exposure to sunlight?”
    “In a certain light, wouldn’t nuclear war be exciting?”

and many, many more 😆

blondy
    Free Member

i think getting myself out and about is what im planning to do a bit more and just meeting more people,
    that’s bit bizarre tho,serial killer,?in jest i take it? 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

They’re a set list of questions which each member gets asked (and can either answer or leave unanswered).

Others include “Would you ever have sex in a graveyard” and “Under the right circumstances, would you allow a partner to lick your anus?”

😯

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So, if you’re looking for a serial killer to lick your anus, in a graveyard, while bathed in the glow of a nuclear explosion. Then OK Cupid is the way to go.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Only problem is most of my getting out and about time involves biking and running, not exactly the best attire to meet people in!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Only problem is most of my getting out and about time involves biking and running, not exactly the best attire to meet people in!

Depends what you’re wearing.

blondy
    Free Member

oh i dunno ha ha,depends on what you’re wearing yes..though with helmet and glasses on and whiskin by at speed sweating like a glassblowers arse isnt always a good look i suppose. 😆

fadda

I’d disagree, blondy – some of us might think that’s more attractive than overly manicured “perfection”…

blondy
    Free Member

gawd,
    *makes note to stay away from that site then,thought pof was bad.*

blondy
    Free Member

aye i suppose fadda,ive had people wanting to see me in my weekend work gear,which is normally dirty jeans,steel toe caps and looking generally unkempt,whatever floats yer boat i suppose. 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

most of the people who like that look wont approach us and say ‘you look nice fancy a drink’ is the problem though. My bike isnt quite an obstacle but it sits next to my dining table!

blondy
    Free Member

ha ha so does mine,you can hang yer coat on it when you have dinner,not been on it much lately due to working loads and having an operation and i may have to have another soon.. 🙁

fadda

One of my bikes hangs on the wall in the dining room. I don’t even need to keep it there, I just like how it looks 😆

maxtorque

fadda
    One of my bikes hangs on the wall in the dining room.

Unfortunately this Enduro trend for 800mm bars means i keep nearly taking my eye out with mine…….. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well this thread has prompted me to throw myself back into the world of Tindr and OK Cupid and it really reminds me that living in a small town is a bit crap for all of this. I know nearly every lass that rides a bike and about 70% of them are friends with my ex….

Anyway all fun and a strange mix of excitement and soul destruction all at the same time 🙂

Anyway what the single ladies of STW need is a holiday, did I say how nice Tasmania was this time of year?

snakebite
    Free Member

there’s an awful lot of golfchicks on POF, ALLEGEDLY.. Which one are you? Its quite a scary site at first

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d reckon hora is 6 of them….

maxtorque

Come on Snake, it ain’t exactly hard to find her!

(hint, she’s the one with all the MTB photos on her profile….. 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Took less than 20s……

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nice Ink BTY 8)

Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Dating websites’ is closed to new replies.