Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dalby Trail Conditions
  • elmarko

Hi
    I’ve got the chance to ride at Dalby for half a day next weekend while I’m up from the fens on a visit. Can anyone give me an idea about trail conditions at the moment? I don’t want to bring loads of stuff, so mud tyres or what? I’m slightly sketchy on the bike since a broken collar bone last year, so am not a fan of unpredictable sliding, slippy roots, etc at the moment. What can I expect?
    Cheers for your input.

rich-6
    Free Member

You wont need mud tyres 🙂 Its pretty dry now i rode it last weekend and we’ve had no rain since so you shouldnt be sliding about, Its getting quite worn though on the first section

PikeBN14
    Free Member

I was there last weekend, no slippin or sliding, pretty dry and fast on 2.35 Highrollers.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Oh, apart from not actually being able to get up one of the board walky bits due to wheel spin! 😳

Went round it after 2 attempts!!!

rich-6
    Free Member

The black sections closed though so what was you doing on there 😀

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Wasn’t Saturday afternoon …… ??

MtbCol
    Free Member

Just been into Dalby this morning. Conditions are excellent for this time of year! 😀

thefallguy
    Free Member

I was in Dalby this morning and was glad I’d left my mud-x’s on, there was enough gloop to have clogged my fair weather tyres. Overall conditions were really good, some newly repaired sections seem to use an orange stone that was sticker than the older unrepaired sections. Some of the old woods towards the end were a bit slashy, but dalby is mostly hardpack so you won’t be far out whatever you decide.

Went into bike shop in Pickering and the locals were all saying how muddy it was compared to last week, felt like taking them to sherwood pines to show em some real filth.

roughneck
    Free Member

There last night, as fallguy says a bit sloppy in places and what is that orange stuff all about.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Was up Dalby last Sat….Was mostly dryish for this time of year… although some sections appeared to be coated with clay-coloured treacle that just sapped all the juice from me legs…
    or was it just my genius choice of a beefy 140mm full susser with super tacky 2.4 tyres for a 37k xc ride? hmmmmm Mr inappropriate choice of bike strikes again!

elmarko

Thanks for the input folks!
    Last time I was there it was summer and I foolishly forgot to change my Thetford stylee fast tyres for some tractor tyres. It was one of the swear-iest rides I’ve ever done. F%%k this! **** that! Poxy Tyres, etc, etc. Sliding everywhere like the novice I think I’m not.
    Hopefully this time I won’t look and sound such a tw&t!
    Fore-warned is fore-armed an’ all that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Trail Conditions’ is closed to new replies.