Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Dadsnet – talk to me about nappy rash
  • jamj1974

Another satisfied user of metanium here – also used an anti-fungal cream on prescription with our first.

danbarker
    Free Member

Another +1 for Metanium, always cleared things up when our little one had problems. Stuff does get everywhere though!

petrieboy

We have used egg white to good effect when caught out camping when sudocreme wasn’t working. Bare bums are most effective tho.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Has anyone suggested Metanium yet? 😀

From my humble experience (2 son’s & 2 nephews), sudocrem and suchlike might help keep nappy rash at bay, but once the baby actually has nappy rash Metanium is the only thing that’ll clear it up.

Plus, letting them bumble around without a nappy on a bit more seems like a good idea although I’ve no idea if it really makes much difference.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

we used this yellow cream that i can’t remember, it worked so well.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

oops it was metanium.

DrP

Matanium contains titanium – ’nuff said…!!

On a serious note – we use Metanium on LittleP’s booty at night, and if we miss a few days, he does get ‘sorer’ quite quickly.
    However, fungal rashes can mimic nappy rash and be hard to get rid of.
    Nappy rash is typically a contact rash, therefore the groin creases can often be spared. If he’s sore IN the creases, maybe try some cannestan (clotrimazole 1 – 2%).

DrP

scottyjohn
    Free Member

+1 million for Bepanthen, miracle cream! And Ashton and Parsons powder sent our baby on a crack like buzz! We used a different powder called Nelson’s and it was the winner

molgrips
    Free Member

DrP, it looks like both to me, off and on. Some website said spots around the rusty sheriff’s badge indicate fungal infection, which she has had reasonably often.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We found Sudocrem was great but appreciate it may not work so well for your little one. As noted more frequent changes and ensure he/she is really dry (which is one of the functions of powder to dry up moisture). We used to let our little ones lie for a few mins on the changing mat/towel (on the floor) – to dry out / get a bit of air !

LoCo
    Free Member

Or little one is a delicate flower like her father 😉

http://www.bepanthen.co.uk/

worked very well, the reusables caused issues too so changed and used disposables but the ‘eco’ (as a nappy can be 😳 ) from waitrose, nature something along with regular changes seemed to keep it under control.
    Used eco wipes too, nature ones were a bit wet, so another brand which I can’t remember.

The amount of chemical crap they put on normal wipes and nappies is truely horrendous.

molgrips
    Free Member

Loco, I am extremely robust, physically. Just not emotionally 🙂

As for wipes, we’re back on the re-usable ones. Tea tree, lemon and chamomile. On the previous kid they really helped with rashes.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Have you tried stripwashing your nappies? They could have a build up of washing powder in them which stops them being as absorbent.

We have always used metanium which seems to clear it up really quickly, but other friends swear by that bottom butter stuff you can get in Waitrose.

brassneck

Benpanthen – it gets absorbed and actually seems to make rashes better as well as prevent them. Makes a decent stand in chamois cream too 🙂 – I’ve been trying to raise a bit of interest from brand awareness to sell it to cyclists, triathletes etc.
    I do get it cheap(er) from the staff shop though.

Ours always had worse rashes from reusables, despite careful washing etc. They seem to work better when the kids are a bit older and the outputs are more predictable 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Bepanthen seems to work best, but Sudocream does the biz as well.

It’s more down to changing them more frequently and really going to town with the wipes and a thorough scrub with a sponge in the bath.

You could also perhaps leave them with the nappy off for a bit if you’ve got a wipe-clean floor like laminate or wood – probably try to do this after they’ve had a dirty nappy, though – to ensure you’re only wiping clean rather than having to use a trowel……

big_n_daft
    Free Member

lots of people above who use wipes recommending creams

as I said above dump the wipes, use cotton wool and warm water, and yes it does get everything off, the very odd day we needed cream during teething we just used a little sudacrem

passtherizla
    Free Member

Bepanthen +1 also if you are of the tattooed persuasion its great for tattoo after care.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Dadsnet – talk to me about nappy rash’ is closed to new replies.