Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Cyclists are a menace ( Jeremy Vine show Radio 2 @ Noon)
  • simonm
    Free Member

er, aint it the dogs who always start it !

foxyrider
    Free Member

grtdkad – Member

Incensed!!! Just had to email the show…

Don't bother you never get on in my experience of many many emails!

uplink
    Free Member

Incensed!!

You're easily incensed – it was a 'nothing' of a story

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Is that i then?

simonm
    Free Member

the worrying thing with these programs as they send out an message to everyone that Cyclists are fair game as there bad people…

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

@ simonm …nope, I often chase dogs snapping at their heels & living little landmines where they want to run

MrAgreeable

Foxyrider, was it Digby the Biggest Dog in the World?

grtdkad
    Free Member

Incensed as her example was clearly referring to an 'off the leash' dog [and an invisible cyclist]. We get regular walkers round here with 2-3 dogs loose and a good way from the group – fed up with the unpredictability of the dogs and the pooop left behind….

zaskar
    Free Member

Bristol to Bath bike path is full of doggies and owners.

I always ring my bell and slow down.

The **** dog still jumps at me while I go past.

uplink
    Free Member

Incensed as her example was clearly referring to an 'off the leash' dog [and an invisible cyclist]. We get regular walkers round here with 2-3 dogs loose and a good way from the group – fed up with the unpredictability of the dogs and the pooop left behind….

ooh I bet you were 'spitting feathers'? 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

It was this dog:

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oi Jeremy Bacon!

Ooooops, not like me 😳

aracer
    Free Member

Incensed!!!

Programme aim achieved then.

Olly
    Free Member

the worrying thing with these programs as they send out an message to everyone that Cyclists are fair game as there bad people…

dont let them down then, lets go round and stamp on richard bacons dog?

dmiller
    Free Member

Where the hell did they get the idea for that story?

How do you go from grumbling about how cyclists kill millions of car drivers / pedestrians every year by jumping red lights and kicking the shit out of grannies on the pavement while screaming abuse at small children, along with the worst of all never paying road tax for all the amazing cycling facilities we have in this country to:

[i]BIKES KILL PUPPIES![/i][/u]

I'm actually impressed with whoever managed to find this one and get it on the radio!

dmiller
    Free Member

Looks like I am wrong, this is a problem with cycling from the top down! Look at these videos of pro cyclists setting an example of something it is endemic within the sport:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dzMp61G5w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aBD1oLKpQ4

In both cases the cyclist is clearly to blame as I imagine in much the same way that the ones in the park are…

Dog Killing – Cycling's Secret Shame!

stumpyjon

I really don't care. It's just dumbed down cr*p.

redbikes
    Free Member

I ran over a fox once. Or rather it ran under my rear wheel. It survived (at least for a while).

Karinofnine

I just tried to kill my dog with my bike – she won't keep still while I ride at her!

I'll just get in the car and see if that works any better…

MrAgreeable

I've probably missed the boat on this, but I've just sent them an email as follows:

Dear Jeremy Vine,

I am facing charges of assault after "dooring" a particularly antisocial cyclist. This individual had sped through a pedestrian crossing, as is commonplace these days, and in doing so had come very close to knocking over a mother with a pushchair. I observed this in my rear view mirror, and as he approached to pass me, I opened my door, knocking him off. To my disappointment I don't think I caused him any serious injuries, but his bicycle was a write-off and he will think twice before doing the same thing.

In my opinion this action, although extreme, was justified by the numbers of these people who openly flout the law and in doing so endanger innocent pedestrians and motorists. I have observed many such examples on my daily comings and goings, and felt that an example had to be made.

Listening to your show today, this seems to be a commonly held opinion, and there are many people who feel that cyclists are the number one menace on our roads, thanks to their thoughtless conduct. A legally minded friend has suggested that I contact your programme and ask for today's edition, and your previous programmes on cyclists, to be introduced as evidence at my trial. I am sure that if the court can be made to understand the strength of public feeling on the issue of these lycra yobs, then they will take a more favourable view of my actions and perhaps even result in an acquittal?

DezB
    Free Member

Have you forgotten your medication Mr A?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Where the hell did they get the idea for that story?

you know in South Park when the story lines for Family Guy are made by Manitees?

Well they use a similar system only the use Badgers to randomly select snippets from the Daily Mail

Forget Mohamed giving Peter a Salmon Helmet, it's all about Rabid Dogs attacking ASBO cyclist paedophiles

MrAgreeable

Have you forgotten your medication Mr A?

Yes. That's why I'm so cranky.

It's obviously a wind-up. But I'm hoping that some air-headed researcher reads it, has an "oh shit" moment and resolves to make their future programmes deal with issues other than aiming venom at a mostly harmless and vulnerable group of road users. [/climbs off high horse]

psychle
    Free Member

Looks like I am wrong, this is a problem with cycling from the top down! Look at these videos of pro cyclists setting an example of something it is endemic within the sport

Could that Labrador in the first vid have looked any more sheepish… poor old thing 😆

miketually
    Free Member

I've only killed 3 dogs so far this year. There's not much of 2009 left to get the last one. I'll have to kill 5 in 2010 if I don't get it.

GrahamS

I'm hoping that some air-headed researcher reads it, has an "oh shit" moment

You're more likely to get invited on the show as a star guest 😀

BadlyWiredDog

I don't like all this talk of killing dogs :-/

rOcKeTdOg

I thought dogs were used for killing deer on this forum?

DezB
    Free Member

Ahem. Please don't bring that up rocketdog 😉

philfive
    Free Member

just been knocked off my bike this afternoon by a dog, owner didnt even apologise as the dog chased me 🙁 bent rear hanger and snapped my chain 🙁 will fix it after weekend but not happy at all

kukuruza
    Free Member

It is awful, to kill dogs!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm awful
    I'm a cyclist (of sorts)
    QED

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Cyclists are a menace ( Jeremy Vine show Radio 2 @ Noon)’ is closed to new replies.