Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Cyclist throws woman down stairs
  • Bregante

I thought I recognised it. I’m hampered on the KOM attempt heading to the Sale side because I turn sharp right along the river and them cobbles have caught me out more than once 😆

Edit
    I’d agree with acidchunks though. It probably is wide enough but too close for (the pedestrians) comfort IMO.

binners

How wide are your bars?

wrecker
    Free Member

I think someone who wasn’t involved may well have a better chance of being objective about it

Even if the only information they have is a few lines on a police site? I doubt that.

I think your mistaking wild speculation to demonstrate the stupidly one sided reporting account

How can it be anything other than one sided? They only have one side!

I’ve no idea what happened, neither have any of us. I’m not rushing to the defense of this bloke just because he happened to be riding a bike though.

martinhutch

Surely a more effective protest, given the alleged ‘problem’ would have been to just pick her dog up and hoy it off the bridge into the Mersey?

Binners in biker mode earlier:

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This story is being shared on Facebook now, which will get the anti-cyclist dog-lovers frothing at the mouth

mrchrispy

I put money on the altercation starting with the little poo machine, words were probably exchanged and she’ll have got all uppity, took a photo and he’ll have lost his shit and pushed past her causing her to stumble down the steps (yes there are about 3 of them).

This has now turned into innocent lady little (who wouldn’t say boo to a goose) attacked, for no reason whatsoever, by psychotic cyclist.

Anyway, I dont know what the police are interested as it sounds it’ll be her word against his and we all know you need 3 independent witnesses before its actually a crime….of is that just when people in cars try and kill people on bikes?

km79
    Free Member

Cyclists are as bad as the police when it comes to closing ranks to cover up for one of their own.

wrecker
    Free Member

I put money on the altercation starting with the little poo machine, words were probably exchanged and she’ll have got all uppity, took a photo and he’ll have lost his shit and pushed past her causing her to stumble down the steps (yes there are about 3 of them).

WTAF?

ianbradbury

Cyclists are as bad as the police when it comes to closing ranks to cover up for one of their own.

Nobody is ‘closing ranks’ or ‘covering up’. They are simply pointing out that the simple ‘evil cyclist chucked woman downstairs in unprovoked assault ‘ story is unproven, and alternatives exist. And since cyclists are not an organised group ‘one of their own’ has no meaning.

mrchrispy

not protecting the guy ffs, he’s clearly lost his shit and should be dealt with (assuming the police actually have a case against him) but the whole story does stink.

wrecker
    Free Member

There is barely any story to go on! A couple of lines, and you have somehow established (to the point you’d bet on it) exactly what has happened!
    The whole “cyclists” thing is a nonsense too. It’s just normal people riding bicycles. There is as much chance of one being a penis as there is a car driver or lollypopman or greengrocer.

MSP

Well a few lines of a story, and a picture of a rather confused looking man.

mrchrispy

Oh I’d bet on it…..I’m sucker for a long shot 🙂

Bregante

binners – Member
    How wide are your bars?

Not as wide as my arse.

scaled
    Free Member

Thought I’d get the flight of steps for context on the way home

Plus, bridge is plenty wide enough:p

aracer
    Free Member

Do you have to clear the steps for the Strava segment?

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m sure we can all imagine the reality of rhis story.

Whatever that turns out to be even as a fairly evangelical cyclist I do get bothered by the intense looking serious commuter types turning themselves inside out on their journey to and from work.

I imagine when their finished with being knobs on bikes their knobs on cars and knobs at work/ home etc.

brooess
    Free Member

We need to be really careful that well-established national news outlets like ITV are allowed to publish what is at this point only an accusation in a way which looks like they’re reporting facts… it very much positions that guy as someone who’s committed an unprovoked assault and suggests his form of transport has something to do with his alleged behaviour. When all we actually know is that a woman has made an accusation to the Police…

I guess this kind of propaganda is centuries old though – maybe it’s only with social media that we’re realising how much things get twisted in the hands of media outlets…

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist throws woman down stairs’ is closed to new replies.