Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Cycling socks, what are you using?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My trusted merino wool socks have given up and I need a new pair or two, whats good and whats not? Looking at the endura coolmax 3 pairs for a tenner but are they any good.?

chiefgrooveguru

Lidl’s finest.

honourablegeorge

Don’t think much of the endura ones, durability wise.

Defeet Wooleator.

CraigW
    Free Member

I think the cheap Endura ones are fine, no problems with durability for me. Though they are rather thin, so not very warm and not much padding.
    I also like More Mile socks, also rather cheap (3 or 4 pairs for £10), and in a range of colours. Plus a bit more padding than the Endura socks.

rewski
    Free Member

the sock guy, morvelo and cheapo innov8’s

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Endura ones are fine in the summer, but a little thin for most other use. My preference all round is for SmartWool merino ones. Super comfy, seem to be very durable as well.

Wally

Woolie boolie for me all year. never cold or hot

bikebouy
    Free Member

Merino and cheap ones at that. I get through lots of em’ so spending anymore than £8 on one pair is a waste.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LIDL and sealskins merino

fontmoss
    Free Member

ordered some of the endura 3 pack and tbh i think i’ll send them back and get one decent pair of giro (never used) or sock guy which used a few times and been really nice fit.

argyle
    Free Member

teko, but that’s not just because they are ace. i work there

mjsmke

Mine arnt just ordinary socks….. they’re M&S socks.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Sealskins, apart from very hot days, then just a pair of old liners which were £5 for 2 pairs at Blacks.

RustySpanner

Either Sealskinz, Aldi or those free ones from mags. Got about 5 pairs.
    I think the grey Norco ones add at least 5% to my radsick awsumness rating and suit a well turned Northern cankle.

Best are some Ron Hill ones though, very good quality. They were free with some Inov8 shoes.

timnwild

Sealskins waterproof ones. They were pricey (25 quid) but all i need. Only get to ride once a week, so only need one pair.

Work great in all conditions.

gren
    Free Member

Woolie Boolie – comfy and long lasting

LapSteel
    Free Member

Lidl for me too

mrmo
    Free Member

usually defeet, been using Rose’s cheap winter socks which are ok, not so keen on the summer socks. Also got some Assos, which are ok, starting to die now though.

Worst socks i have ever bought were sock guy, they fall apart if you so much as look at them.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Woolie Boolie all year

Dibbs
    Free Member

Marks and Spencer.

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Either Sealskinz, Aldi or those free ones from mags.

+1.

Markie
    Free Member

Woolie Boolie and STW’s finest, made by Sock Guy buy holding up fine for me…

tang
    Free Member

Keen socks are fantastic(I am sponsored by them) I’ve been really impressed by the range and fit/durability. Ok I don’t have to pay for them….
    http://www.keenfootwear.com/gb/en/wall/socks

rewski
    Free Member

Only on stw would you get a post about socks, I love it 😀

Forgot about the freebies on mbuk, the rose ones where little tight.

RustySpanner

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1eK3x1PBI[/video]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Marks & Spencer Marino wool socks. £12 for 3 pairs and better than anything I’ve used previously!

PMK2060

merino ones from bikemaps.co.uk not the most durable but super comfy and warm. £9 a pair or 3 pairs for £24

I’ve done 24 hour solos in 3 pairs for £1 socks from Tesco then commuted in them all the following week.

RustySpanner

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member

I’ve done 24 hour solos in 3 pairs for £1 socks from Tesco then commuted in them all the following week.

No wonder you live in a shack in the woods. 🙂

palmer77
    Free Member

Alpkit – £10.00 for 2 inc P&P

I saved the other two pairs for best, you know, in case I get a wedding invite or something.

RustySpanner

😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sock guy socks have always been garbage i keep trying them i want to like them but i cant keep throwing money at them if they are going to fall apart !

Endura coolmax last a fair time

Endura Merinos not so long

Best lasting – aldi – terrible shape though.

mttm
    Free Member

Ground Effect merino socks – Ankle Biters (summer) and Zig Zags (winter). Very durable and comfy.

nicko74

Football socks, over Sealskinz if required.

My footy socks have thick fluffy feet, so they’re quite warm; pushed down they keep my achilles warm/ protected, plus I can pull ’em up if I get cold/ there’s brambles – at the cost of looking silly. Plus if I wear them over sealskinz, it helps to have them pulled up a bit, to reduce the water running down the inside of the sealskinz.

stratman
    Free Member

Embers merino sock – treklite I think (Got them from their factory shop)

brokensoul
    Free Member

+1 for Defeet Wooleator.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Aldi

Nobby

Another vote for the Wooleator

Lifer
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Cycling socks, what are you using?’ is closed to new replies.