Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cycling Jerseys: any reason not to use a running jersey?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Just been checking out short-sleeve cycling jersey prices and they seem more expensive than similar quality running jerseys. Any reason not to use a running jersey? I don’t need pockets, just a slim fit and good wicking.

wwaswas

cycling jerseys tend to have longer backs – you might find you end up with a gap twixt shorts and top when you lean forward.

clubber
    Free Member

As above, running tops may well be too short when in your riding position.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wear what you want, as long as it’s comfortable. But as above – short back and neck might be a bit wide.

uplink
    Free Member

football shirts can usually be found quite cheap

MandM

poppa
    Free Member

Hmm ok, that’s a pain. The cycling jerseys at my LBS are all £35-40 if you want one that doesn’t look terrible. Seems a lot to pay for a polyester t-shirt…

theflatboy
    Free Member

you can get them cheaper than that if you shop around
    fox jersey at stif

hugorune

Rugby shirts are always a good bet – vary in thickness and you can get long or short sleave. You can pick last seasons club shirts up for about £20 a pop and they’re generally wicking but hardwearing technical fabrics.
    Try Lovell Rugby

thomthumb
    Free Member

they’re not that short. i find my ruinning tops just touch the top of my shorts will riding – ok in the heat but not much cop in the cold, the lack of a neck and a zip mean s temp control is not achievable.

also lack of pockets sometimes is an issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Jerseys: any reason not to use a running jersey?’ is closed to new replies.