Home Forums Bike Forum Cycle Show – Earls Court

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Cycle Show – Earls Court
  • toab
    Free Member

I’ve wangled a trade / press ticket.

Does anyone know if there’s any real advantage to going on the press/trade only day (better freebies etc)?

Cheers

jedi

i’ll be there trade day 🙂

spokebloke
    Free Member

I’ll be there for 4 chuffing days in the cycle store. Bring me coffee.

jedi

i’ll pop by and say hi

timc
    Free Member

Do you think its going to be mad busy on saturday? worth going as a paying joe bloggs?

jedi

god knows. wasnt going to go this year but got a meeting

pinches
    Free Member

i’ll be there trade day too

crazy-legs

Me too. Normally I work most of it but this year I can only make the Thursday.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

It won’t be full of the public!

I’m probably up on the friday.

Houns

Not going this year, cba. Trade day is much better, not as busy, more chance to speak to the folk you want to

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Went for the first time last year with a mate all excited with a big pocket full of cash to spend….spent nothing, Its nice to see all these new things but why dont they sale more stuff!!!! only a couple of stands selling not much!!! If it was me I would RAM it with loads of companys wanting to sell stuff plus the 2011 gear.. Not going this year

Sancho
    Free Member

I’ll be there friday hoping to see the new kit

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I have a ticket on my left but not sure I want to go.

I love bikes but nobody I know wants to go or is free on Friday.

Worth going then? (train from Bristol)

MoreCashThanDash

My understanding is that this is primarily a trade/marketing show, not an upmarket cycle jumble, hence not much that you can buy.

I went a couple of years ago and thought it was a great day out – wouldn’t want to go every year but it’s interesting to see all the lovely shiney products, see some weird and wonderfulmeet and chat with some surprisingly friendly “personalities” – Kate Potter, Cy, Nick Craig amonst others, and to get blanked and ignored by some other miserable, over worked or possibly hung over “personalities” – Chipps and the entire Massi stand (one of whom lives in my village!)

I do remember not having to buy lunch as there seemed to be a constant stream of energy bar/cake/gel/drink samples. Had the train carriage to myself on the way back for some reason 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s funny, I thought I posted on here yesterday… 😕

Should be going on Friday. Jedi; are you on a stand? Or just mooching about?

Me and WCA got told off for riding ‘dangerously’ on the test track last year. 😳

Sandwich

I’m going for the first time tomorrow. Are STW chaps doing anything special at this one? I’ll bring my subs card just in case.

jedi

i’ll be mooching. i got a meeting with a company tehre but i’ll be mostly wandering around with a beer 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll be on the lookout for a big scary looking bloke then! 😀

jedi

scary?? 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

Hmm beer. I won’t actually make the show until about 5.30pm as I’ve got meetings lectures from 10.30 🙁

Tiger6791

spokebloke – Member

Get me a pass for tomorrow and I’ll bring you coffee and a nice sandwich 🙂

I’ll be walking past at about 1 (ish)

spokebloke
    Free Member

Get me a pass for tomorrow and I’ll bring you coffee and a nice sandwich

Would if I could. Honest.

pinches
    Free Member

Tiger6791 – Member

spokebloke – Member

Get me a pass for tomorrow and I’ll bring you coffee and a nice sandwich

I’ll be walking past at about 1 (ish)

Cyclesurgery were giving away tickets via Twitter last week.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Just ‘phone them up and say you’re working for ‘X cycling website’ and they’ll sort you free tickets.

I doubt it, they’re tight this year.
    I gave out my freebies a couple of weeks ago via our newsletter, asked for more and was turned down. Luckily I’m pretty good with rejection. 😯

Tiger6791

I wasn’t going to go this year, just ended up getting drunk in the upstairs bar last year. I’ll be walking past tomorrow but I assume it’s trade only?

I’d happily pay tomorrow to go in but they won’t let me in (I think) and I’m not coming back at the weekend 🙂

crazy-legs

They’ve really cracked down on the trade thing, people blagged it too much and a load of stuff got nicked last year so accreditation in advance only.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ticket sorted! 😀

I’ll be there legitimately, but it’s not difficult at all to get in. The numbers last year don’t suggest they’d need to restrict entry that much. You need to prove who you are and that you are bona-fide of course, but tbh it’s not too difficult to blag it.

As for stuff getting nicked; I’d say it’s probbly easier for other exhibitors to do that. I’d look a bit suss walking out with a bike tucked under me jacket!

jedi

I,M there legitimately too. 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

Jedi, what time you heading in? I’ll be going just after it opens.

jedi

10-11 ish

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll be there after 3.

Wondering if I’ll get banned from the STW stand….

pinches
    Free Member

10-11 ish

fancy meeting up for a wander round looking at some bling?

jedi

yeah deffo

pinches
    Free Member

Cool. STW stand?

jedi

yeah ok. (they ignored me last year ) what time?

pinches
    Free Member

considering i can see EC out of the window of my house, just after 10? i will probs spend about an hour there and then head to uni i suppose….

bobbyspangles
    Free Member

I will be working on the Association of Cycle Traders stand representing ATG, if anyone wants to swing by for a chat about getting their staff or or themselves cytech trained.
    We are running a ‘fastest wrench in the west’ comp and other rad demos.

See you there…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Show – Earls Court’ is closed to new replies.