Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cwmcarn breakfast recommendation (not trail center)
  • mandog

Off to Cwmcarn this weekend. Will be camping over Friday night and shall either cook breakfast or eat out.

Can anyone recommend a good cafe a short (5 min ride) from the center?

trusz
    Free Member

Are you planning on staying at Cwmcarn for the weekend? I don't really know any cafes near there to be honest. If you're coming all that way then I suggest you do a couple of laps of Cwmcarn and head on down to Afan and camp there. Cwmcarn only has one marked out trail.

scant
    Free Member

theres a cafe about a mile along the canal from the cwmcarn centre. when you come to a large S bend road cutting across the road (from the railway line crossing), go to the other side of the canal & theres a bike friendly tea room.
    cwmcarn may only have one marked trail, but its got significantly more unmarked trails with an even greater variety of trails.

mandog

Trusz. We're camping Friday night, then breakfast, lap of Cwmcarn then off to Afan to do the Penhyyd. Camp at Glencorryg then a lap of whatever there on Sunday.

Scant – thanks for the tip, I'll check that cafe out on Saturday am when I get up.

Do fancy trying some natural trails at Cwmcarn also.

mandog

Trusz – trying to search for the cafe on Google maps but no luck. Could it be Angela's Tea Rooms or Twilight Cafe?

Any clues?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It's by here, I can't think of much else in the area, there's some sort of cafe type thing down by Crosskeys college which I'm not sure what time it opens, and sometimes a burger van on the other side of the roundabout at the bottom of scenic. Is there anything up by PS?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Hmmm can't get the link to work but these are the coordinates, copy/paste into google maps – 51.618107,-3.107554

It's a nice little spot for a cup of tea and a bit of cake. 😀

mandog

Darran Road?

Will give it a try, thanks.

smiffy

Best breakfast by there is at mine, but I'm not receiving visitors this weekend. Sausage and Bacon from Rawlings of Abergavenny, morning-fresh eggs and mushrooms, I doubt it could be beaten.

mandog

May be you could drop it off to my tent on Saturday morning smiffy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn breakfast recommendation (not trail center)’ is closed to new replies.