Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Croix de fer – Shall I / Shan`t I ?
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So have been thinking about getting a road bike for a while and have had a look at some at the local bike shop, mainly Trek and Specialized. All look very nice but am totally unsure about all the specks etc.
    Then I call another LBS and they have a CDF in that is ex demo and going reasonably cheaply.
    Im not planning on joining a local road riding club just want something for commuting, getting bit of speed up and having a bike for some out of the front door action that doesnt required heading to local trail centre or national park for mucky mountain bike action.
    Are there any other bikes that people would recommend that area kind of do it all type of bike.
    All thoughts welcome.
    Cheers

elliptic
    Free Member

Only thing to flag up is that if what you want is basically a road bike, then it’s on the heavy side.

Not really a problem for long distance miles / commuting / winter training though.

And they’re super versatile so if it fits & its cheap, go for it 🙂

verticalclimber
    Free Member

cotic x is lighter, just got one in green really comfy , prefer to my carbon orbea onix

Mooly
    Free Member

Now youve mentioned the "C" word. Im obviously going to have to have a decently look into that which could be a lot more expensive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Croix de fer – Shall I / Shan`t I ?’ is closed to new replies.