Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Crazy night ride experience on Friday the 13th – nature is out to get me!
  • miles929
    Free Member

Went for a blast around the local woods earlier this evening. Normally things are quite quiet, perhaps the occasional fox or two and the standard rustling in the trees. But tonight, everything seemed to come alive! Within the first 5 mins, 3 foxes and a badger had run out in front of me, they weren’t just on the edge of the track or in the undergrowth, they seemed to want to be run over. Then another 3 foxes within another 10 mins. What is this? About half way round, a sizeable branch fell out of a tree on a climb and landed a mere 5 metres in front of me. I’m beginning to think this Friday the 13th lark might be real after all at this point. Then a few mins later, 2 owls swooped down upon me and flew right at me, not away from me as I’ve experienced once before. Luckily I’m nearly done by this point, so nothing actually managed to kill me, but if I’d carried on, I’m not sure I’d be posting this!

dreednya

It is the Foxes breeding season at the moment so all the males are out looking for females. Badgers are out and about due to it being so mild at the moment, no need for them to be tucked up underground at the moment.

As for the owls, they were probably hungry :-p

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s the demons you have to watch out for, badgers, foxes, owls and trees are harmless.

miles929
    Free Member

I managed to avoid the demons today luckily, I’m surprised they weren’t out in force given Friday the 13th

flap_jack
    Free Member

pulled into garage to fill up. Filler cap cover lock jammed on. Lost 30 minutes precious riding daylight at 3pm freeing it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Crazy night ride experience on Friday the 13th – nature is out to get me!’ is closed to new replies.