Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • crashing when its distinctly not your own fault
  • peachos
    Free Member

paulrockliffe – Member
    I once saw Peachos ride my bike down a hill to rescue a be-punctured rider, half way down he did one of his somersaults and landed un-helmeted head-first in a mud/shit mix. There was no reason for this, though it was incredibly funny! That wasn't his fault either.

haha – that was your fault actually. who rides a bullit with their seat that high anyway? and it was mainly a cow shit/piss mix with a bit of mud thrown in for measure.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Snakebites are a fact of riding but yes maybe more tyre pressure would have helped, always a balancing act against grip though.

and of course if the crash was a result of slipping on a corner someone would have said your tyre pressure was too high ergo your fault 😆

tron
    Free Member

When I was a kid I had a newish front wheel just fold up. It split at the joint and just collapsed. This was riding on level tarmac…

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Stock answer from Peachos! The seat was at the right height for pedalling up the hill we were……er……pedalling up, user error to not put it down again for a down. Great crash though!

leftyboy
    Free Member

18 months ago had a big over the bars on a night ride, I thought it was because a stone or something had got jammed in my front caliper. Rode on and did my best every time round my regular night ride route.

Just found out that I'm actually prone to blackouts lasting 10 – 15 seconds or more! So can't ride or drive until the Doc finds out why. When I saw the consultant he told me that when I black out I almost certainly will have involuntarily muscle spasms so I now think the above crash was caused by a blackout!

DarrenH

This one's not my fault,
    on a bridleway in our local woods one morning a few weeks back.
    I slowed down and pulled over to one side to let the lovely young lady who was jogging towards me get past,I managed to hit a small tree stump covered in long grass and promptly flipped over the handlebars to land in an embarrassed heap in front of her.
    Still a least she said thanks as she jogged on by…
    I blame her and the tree stump! 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘crashing when its distinctly not your own fault’ is closed to new replies.