Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cracking day in the Lakes
  • boxelder

Skiddaw

Anyone free to babysit 3 liitle uns. Mrs Trousers turn to ride, so I’m ‘window schralping’ (as Mbr might say)

Vortexracing

Looks superb

anc
    Free Member

Hehehe, not bad is it. I’m on childcare duty also, hay ho 😉

BE
    P.s thanks for slowing down in you van on whinlatter the other week, sorry if I blinded you.

djflexure

Up in a couple of weeks – staying in Keswick
    Was going to do the loop around Skiddaw, Borrowdale bash and Whinlatter. Never ridden any of it before.
    Looking forward very much – hope the weather stays nice

grum
    Free Member

It’s an absolute stunner isn’t it, I can see lots of snowy tops from my bathroom window. Hope it’s as nice tomorrow when I get out.

boxelder

Yeah – free from 2pm – Grisedale Pike here I come (anc – you can’t slip the leash I don’t suppose? I’ll be going from Keswick/Whinlatter. Have mailed you my mobile no.)

p.s. I always slow for brethren – you weren’t on the night TQ were you?

anc
    Free Member

Nar out on the roady bike.

grum
    Free Member

Weather is looking great all week in the lakes, and I don’t have to go into work til Thursday night, woop!

boxelder

Aye – Borrowdale Bash + cheeky bits for me tomorrow night.

grum
    Free Member

Just got out to Farleton Knott today which was lovely but hopefully I will make it to the Lakes proper in the next day or two.
    Stunning views but very very slidey and slippery. Great fun though.

lowey

Its dark. :p

boxelder

Its dark. :p

There’s nowt to fear young man……..

colournoise

djflexure – Member
    Up in a couple of weeks – staying in Keswick
    Was going to do the loop around Skiddaw, Borrowdale bash and Whinlatter. Never ridden any of it before.

Will be up in Keswick at 1/2 term (couple of weeks) too.

With wife and dogs, so any biking will have to be ‘safe’ and relatively short. Looking to do some Whinlatter and Grizedale, but natural will sadly be a no-go (Zoe prefers to be on foot if going ‘off-piste’).

Would love to have a crack at Skiddaw at some point.

slainte 🙂 rob

boxelder

Surprisingly long way to Grizedale from Keswick – not worth it.
    Track along the east side Cat Bells in Borrowdale is easy going – mail me for that and other easier options.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Couldn’t see much up the Scottish moontains…

Route off the summit… by j.buckle, on Flickr

grum
    Free Member

Crap phone pic but this was Farleton Knott yesterday, looking towards the Lakes

parkedtiger
    Free Member

We’re heading up Skiddaw to try a ‘new descent’ into Slades Beck if you fancy a ride out of Keswick this evening boxelder ?

lowey

‘new descent’ into Slades Beck

Bet thats going to be steep 😮

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Oh yes 😈

mrh86

Be interested to see how far you get up skiddaw. Was going to go up on sunday but decided to do borrowdale bash instead.

You’ll be able to get up, don’t get me wrong, but not sure how much riding will get done.

Let us know how you got on.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Morning mrh86 – it was a bit breezy going up Jenkin Hill but once we were in the shelter of Little Man, it was fine (as is usually the case). All pretty ridable from the top of Jenkin Hill too with a push up to the final gate. Cold, but we’ve been up there in worse to be honest. The descent down Slades Beck was hard work but fun 😀

lowey

Did you have any brake pads left ?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

I think everybody’s rear brakes were locked fully on for the majority of the descent so there was probably no pad wear at all ! The few trips over the bars we had were into lovely soft snow – we rode up Latrigg on the way back into town and I was more worried about slamming on the ice coming down Spooney than the descent off Skiddaw 😳

djflexure

Colournoise – drop me a line if you want to do Skiddaw loop that week.
    Better than going alone I reckon.
    With the wife and kids and dog too.
    Wife may do it – but she is a fair weather rider.

Email is in profile.

boxelder

We’re heading up Skiddaw to try a ‘new descent’ into Slades Beck if you fancy a ride out of Keswick this evening boxelder ?

We had a blast round Watendlath/Castle Crag area and Cat Bells.
    Saw you in a line slowly coming straight down the front of Skiddaw. Not sure it looks my kind of trail that one – I prefer a bit less braking. Good effort though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cracking day in the Lakes’ is closed to new replies.