• This topic has 50 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Could you pass your driving test today ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Feeding the wheel doesn’t appear to be a thing anymore either, I routinely let the wheel self-center though my hands or did tight turns crossing the arms during my lessons and test and didn’t get a minor.

For the trailer reverse manuvere I was told “do what ever you need to to get it in the space.”

So it was mirrors -one hand at the top of the wheel and palm spinning.

The assessor doesn’t sit in the car when your doing it.

For the rest of it I mostly fed but there was a bit of self centering and arm crossing on the tighter round abouts. No minors for that either.

aP
    Free Member

So you ‘gave it a dab of oppo’ then?

grtdkad
    Free Member

Being instructed not to use the indicators when there are no other users sounds odd. What if you didn’t see someone (pedestrian?) or someone appears after you look but before the direction change is over?
    Once you’ve passed your IAM test you’re such a driving god that you’re aware of the position and movement of every human being within a ten mile radius.

Knowing whether or not to use the indicators is evidence (to the instructor/examiner) that you have been looking in your mirrors and have also assessed the road ahead. Most people indicate out of habit, it does not mean that they have looked for hazards as you appear to suggest.

And yes, thank you, I am indeed a driving god (do I need a winky-face here for you?)

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Considering I have to do a regular practical and theory advanced driving assesment with work then yes i’m sure i could.

Despite the fact I don’t drive for or even to work!

scotroutes

(do I need a wrinkly-face here for you

I sort of assumed that went with the flowing white beard.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Skandi flicked that trailer into the space.

Tell you what . I’d been practicing(on private land) with a 2700kg rated 6*4 ifor(heavy) on the back of my lwb iveco daily(long)

That shit was alot easier in the instructors CRv with his lightweight 6*4 it was sooooo much more responsive. Could make that thing dance. Instructor reckoned a significant proportion of those that came to him and said they could reverse a trailer actually couldn’t (it’s a 2 day course if you can’t reverse it)

Had I rocked up with the iveco and ifor set up id have failed immediately….it’s longer than the space between start of manuvere and where they stick the offside blindspot cone. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

No problem

Spent many hours 2015/2016 teaching the kids how to drive

Tarmac & tyres!

myopic
    Free Member

Pretty sure I would. Just finished teaching my son how to drive (including going through all the theory tests) before passing him on to an instructor to double check he was ready for test. He was, and he passed.

GrahamS

For the trailer reverse manuvere I was told “do what ever you need to to get it in the space.”

Get out and move all the cones?

milky1980
    Free Member

Considering I have to do a regular practical and theory advanced driving assessment with work then yes i’m sure i could.

Same here, but then I do driving assessments of new starters so I have to be up to scratch. Still think I’m a below average driver when I’m out of the assessment situation though my head examiner say I’m one of the best!! (we do the odd convoy jobs so he gets to watch me from behind as it were..) He puts it down to the fact I have low opinion of my driving so I concentrate all the time.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Practical yes, maybe with a couple of days of driving like you’re supposed to.

Theory and Accident Avoidance, not a chance, I had to do them both again in 2009 for my Bike Test and I needed a couple of days study to get them.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Could you pass your driving test today ?’ is closed to new replies.