Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Could i use a 160mm Lyrik on a 5-Spot?
  • finners

or is it too much?

cb

might be tempted with two step version – wouldn’t much fancy climbing at 160mm

Digger90
    Free Member

Have been using one on my DW Spot for over a year – fantastic fork for it. No issues with climbing.

finners

I thought that. They are the uturn version so adjusting the travel isnt a problem. I just wondered if there would be too uch stress involved and too slack an angle at full travel….

jedi

i have them on my bottlerocket. feel rad!

finners

Ye but your abilities on a bike far out weigh mine. Ive seen a bottle rocket and they seem a fair bit tougher than a 5-spot.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

What age of 5 spot? up too 2009 pre DW link was designed around a 130mm fork i think The DW link bikes run a 140 / 150mm fork. You could use a very low stack height head set and probably get away without changing the geometry too much.

finners

it would be a 2009 i think. At evening crowd?

rexated
    Free Member

you can run 160 on a 09 spot. 08 and before it gets a bit too stressy on the frame.

Special_ized_Jamie

I run 150mm on mine, tried 160mm earlier this year and they felt fine.

Seen plenty around with 160mm forks on them, as mentioned about if you can fit a low stack headset you make life little easier on the climbs and put less stress the head tube

Crag
    Free Member

I put a set on my 2008 5 spot about a year ago and they’re fine, I’m not dead yet!. Ok on the climbs but it’s the weight that’s the limiting factor.

backhander
    Free Member

Just stuck 36 floats on my new one. Haven’t managed to ride it yet though (brake hoses too short) 🙁
    No riding for me again this weekend.

Curly68
    Free Member

You could do a deal for your Lyriks for my Revelation 2010 150mm forks? 😉

grantway
    Free Member

Better of with a 150 travel fork.

finners

Hmm, by the sounds of it i may give it a go. If it doesnt seem right, i can wind the forks down…

JonR
    Free Member

What age of 5 spot? up too 2009 pre DW link was designed around a 130mm fork i think The DW link bikes run a 140 / 150mm fork. You could use a very low stack height head set and probably get away without changing the geometry too much.

Just read this and worried as I’m looking to get a set for my HL 5 spot. The turner broucher for 2005 says up to a 6″ travel fork however so even back then they could take 152mm travel.

drew

The Turner 2005 brochure says up to 5.5″ which equates to 140mm.

t_i_m
    Free Member

Just read this and worried as I’m looking to get a set for my HL 5 spot

personally wouldn’t go above 150 on my HL 5spot.

doris
    Free Member

i have a 36 talas on my 03 spot, mainly leave it in the 130 mode but wind it out to 160 for steeper stuff and bigger jumps.

JonR
    Free Member

The Turner 2005 brochure says up to 5.5″ which equates to 140mm.

Upon closer inspection the brochure says will take a 6″ fork in the contents, a 5″ fork in the blurb and then a 5.5″ fork in the geometry table. How odd.

lowey

Just email Dave or Greg at Turners and ask them. They usually reply in a few hours.

Thats what I love about Turner. I had a question the other week and got a reply from Dave AND Greg within about 3 hours. What other company offers that kind of feedback.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Could i use a 160mm Lyrik on a 5-Spot?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM