Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Cotic soul or Bfe ?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Why not? They’re both steel!

-runs for cover-

chiefgrooveguru

Soul can do it but the BFe is stiffer so stays more composed when you really chuck it down something gnarly.

I wonder if this depends on how heavy you are and how you ride? I have a bolt-thru axle in the back of my Mk2 Soul which seems to reduce the wiggle without losing its subtle smoothing qualities. I’ve been mostly riding my new Spitfire this year but it’s great getting back on the Soul. I ride all the same stuff on both bikes but just a little slower on the hardtail when it gets gnarly.

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

[/url][list][/list][*][/*][*][/*]Get a Bfe cos it comes in Purple!

I’ve had mine since April and I love it, So much fun to be had on a hardtail!

ceepers

The soul is very capable downhill (admittedly I’m only 10 stone) but I’ve beaten mates on full sus downhill locally and on exmoor on mine and I’m by no means Danny hart!

From today’s muddy exploring…..,

Got some rebas pending delivery, be interesting to see how they improve things!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Love my BFe with 150/120 adjustable forks. Its my all round bikd and light enoguh for me for xc rides and its can handle most of what I can in terms of trail riding around the Surrey Hills (don’t do much jumping). I keep the FS for holidays and the occasional away trip.

PolisherMan

Bought a Soul to replace a 456, which was nice and cheap but beat up my dodgy ankle joints after an hour or so. And oh SO heavy!
    2 months later I sold my Five… love my Soul!
    Does everything the Pennines can through at it…

jruk
    Free Member

Souls are pretty tough. I’m ~100kg in my kit and drag mine around Dartmoor without problems. They’re bloody ace and mine’s far more capable than I am (but that’s not saying much). But if you want ram raid banks and win, get a BFe.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/n4CWjZ]Classic Cotic Soul[/url] by jruk*, on Flickr

deets

Interesting to hear so many people selling their Orange Five’s after getting a Soul – that’s what happened with me, it’s a great all rounder.

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

I had a Soul that was stolen, and i replaced it with the BFE as i found one going cheap in the classifieds. I thought they were both very similar, the differences being:

Price
    Weight
    The rear triangle on the soul being more flexy

I would get another soul, but only because i prefer the colour! Otherwise, save your money and get the BFE.

orena45

I have a Five & I have a Soul.
    Love them both.

Wouldn’t sell my Five though…or my Soul
    #themsforkeeps

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Cotic soul or Bfe ?’ is closed to new replies.