Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • cotic soul build advice please
  • indiajazz
    Free Member

im looking at getting a build and a very helpful guy in a shop said he could do one for £1,275……it consists of the frame plus Rockshox Recon 85-130mm adjustable forks, FSA bars and stem, Pro seatpost and light weight Madison saddle plus Kenda Nevegal tyres from a demo bike (barely used) to finish off.
    what do you reckon ,could it be improved upon in any areas or are any of the above nasty things?bearing in mind i have to stick to that budget?cheers in advance

MSP

What drive chain?

indiajazz
    Free Member

yeah forgot that….deore group set plus wheels!

brakes
    Free Member

the main things you should be looking at are the obvious higher value items like forks and wheels, and then cranks and brakes – everything else can be upgraded in the future

MSP

I would pay extra to have xt shifters, everything else is ok.

indiajazz
    Free Member

do you know how much extra that would be?

soulrider
    Free Member

Dont put lyriks on the front of one..
    even if they are wound down to 130mm..

In that guise she was shortlived.. but hellish fun EVERY ride!

sc-xc

MSP – Member
    What drive chain?

drivetrain.

tonyd

If you don't mind tinkering and are not in a huge rush I'd suggest popping over to the classifieds forum and building it up yourself.

I've got a half built Soul in the garage with the rest of the kit waiting to go on, most of which (frame included) came from the classifieds here. Most are selling on decent kit at fair prices, it's second hand so you can afford better, and you get the added pleasure of putting it all together.

£1275 would get you a pretty decent build that way IMO.

nickc

It's a nice build for the price. All solid reliable stuff.

indiajazz
    Free Member

thanks for all the advice although tonyd,im so shite at anything like this i would derive absolutely no pleasure from effing it all up in a big way!i wish i could, but im very self effacing with this sort of thing

cinnamon_girl

I personally find that forks and wheels make a huge difference and won't economise on them. Another Soul owner FWIW.

Always worth bearing in mind that you do sometimes see good forks for sale in the Classifieds. Bought some lovely Fox's a while back and, indeed, sold some Fox's from another bike.

The Soul is a nice bike, have fun!

tang
    Free Member

For 600 I can do you med black soul frame, reba team 120mm maxles, Thomson post and stem. Plus ea70 risers
    I'm splitting in a couple of weeks. You'll have plenty left for good wheels, drivetrain and brakes. Mail in profile if its any use.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cotic soul build advice please’ is closed to new replies.