Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cosmopolitan Day at Lee Quarry
  • Ed-O
    Free Member

As well as lovely locals there were people at Lee Quarry today on the Stop Crashing skills day from Leicester and Nottingham. I also spoke to a guy who had driven up there from Birmingham to ride today, influenced by Brant’s opinion that it’s better than Glentress.

Not bad for a little northern trail centre with no cafe or bogs. It’s all in the riding and it’s the greatest I tell you.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the weather up there today was amazing too. i’m yet to meet someone up there that has a bad word to say about it.
    i think i’m quickly going to run out of money if this weather holds because i’ll be driving up there after work every single night!

sorry i didn’t actually say hello properly ed; didn’t want to interrupt your skills day. or bail on those rocks, for that matter!

crazy-legs

I’m just debating if I can be bothered with the (very) early start tomorrow to do the Brownbacks race there… Never ridden Lee Quarry before and keep hearing how good it is.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m marshalling tomorrow again.
    you should enter, it’s a good race. the course is great and the atmosphere is super chilled and friendly. with this weather too, it’s all set to be a great final race in the series…

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

im racing my bodged SS with bad legs, quite looking forward to it actually………..

JxL
    Free Member

Also entering the race, it will be my 2nd this series 🙂

Hope can still pay cash as did not have enough time to send a cheque.

scaredypants

Bah, I was hoping for some pics of over-styled women and discussions of “G-spot, friend or foe” and “why men are bastards”

or as one of my mates once put it; “incest, is it always bad”

knott4me
    Free Member

ah so there is a race on tommorow .how long does it go on for,was hoping to bob over after 2.00pm.

JxL
    Free Member

starts around 10am and finishes around 11.30 ish. after that is prize giving but you should be fine riding on the course once it ended.

terrahawk
    Free Member

sorry i didn’t actually say hello properly ed; didn’t want to interrupt your skills day.

erm. Sorry. I might have been a bit more chatty.

I’m giddy with this weather, y’see.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

terrahawk, i can’t even remember seeing you there! way too bright, that sun (or was the above comment meant for ed?)

terrahawk
    Free Member

it was meant for ed.
    you might have seen me though. Green Salsa singlespeed. Slightly gay stripy t-shirt.
    Slightly more ‘core-looking teenage lad following me around.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if i did, i really can’t remember. all i recall is ed’s beard, a couple of blokes on orange fives, an inbred or two and an orange crush in, well, bright orange…
    and me on my silly purple norco six, pushing up most of the hills…

Brownbacks
    Free Member

race finished by 12:00 ish on the course

we are taking entries on the day.

should be a good one

plenty of spot prizes as we give out some of the unclaimed prizes from previous races

we also say goodbye to the Hope stuff as well

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thanks again Ed- I had a great day ( despite my off 😳 )
    Great weather, great location, and a great Guide…

All that was missing was Ice cream… 🙂

knott4me
    Free Member

went around 1.00pm after the race & was lovely & quiet but windy up tp on the black run entering the boulders.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cosmopolitan Day at Lee Quarry’ is closed to new replies.