Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Corstorphine Secret Garden.
  • phatstanley
    Free Member

Any edinburghers on here who ride it?
    I only heard about it/seen pics on pinkbike, but am wondering if there's scope to build more stuff there as i wanna get dirty and stuck in somewhere local.
    Any info appreciated.

stan.

argyle
    Free Member

its small and a bit guff

NewRetroTom

Haven't been there for a couple of years due to moving further away. Used to provide me with a bit of entertainment on the way off the hill.
    Go have a look and see what you reckon.

phatstanley
    Free Member

Well, thanks for that. I do need to check it out.
    But I'm wondering if it's a place that has space for new jumps or a bit of timber stuff and whether it's on the radar of council/landowners who would not be happy about 'expansion'.

Any others out there with experience of the place?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are two places I know of with built jumps on corstorphine hill – the walled garden bit up the top of the hill has no room to build more stuff IIRC. The walled garden bit down on the st johns road side has a bit of room for building and what is there is not much good. However getting to enthusiastic might well upset the rangers. I know thay have removed som innapropriatly built jumps.

Apart from these two areas of built jumps I don't think it is appropriate to build on corstorphine hill. I do know of a piece of wasteland out near newbridge that had jumps built on it a couple of years ago that are now all overgrown – perhaps this might be an appropriate spot and I did find some good looking but overgrown shore stuff out in east lothian. E mail me if you want GRs for them

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Corstorphine Secret Garden.’ is closed to new replies.