Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Corstorphine Hill again.
  • Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

really rather too harsh.

In your opinion, possibly. In my opinion after this and yesterday I don’t think so. But to be clear, I meant “meet with the Ranger” rather than simply “talk”.

TBH I’m not up for debating it further, I’ve said my piece and explained my opinion about what you’ve said to as much of an extent as I can be bothered / think it warrants.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

BT – not sure, it depends who you’re speaking to. I get the impression that Rangers do not want techie sections in case they are too hard for families or anyone can’t manage them and falls off.

These trails will be aimed at beginners not blue\red\black. Definitely need features to make the trail interesting and engaging though. chicken runs will be required where possible for anything more obviously advanced. keep them as stealth as possible, i.e. a small lip can be easily ridden over by slower riders but faster riders can get air.

I think it comes down to the discussions with the Rangers though and gentle persuasion by the builders. Your video looks spot on but the jump would need a chicken run.

The Pentland Rangers wanted us to maintain what was already there and were not really interested in putting in “features” we’re hoping that as trust builds this will change.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CM – I had no intention to meet with the ranger without bigthunder and any others interested.

bigjim

could someone also email me the feasibility report at jamesjhunter at hotmail dort com? tar!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YGM

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bigjim – I seem to be having trouble – maybe Northwind could forward it if it don’t work

Edit – it seemed to send

bigthunder
    Free Member

Pg – yer spot on. Theres a lot of steep bedrock/ex quarry sections that part of the report highlights as a danger to wee ones on beginner tracks. As it is the jump has a chicken run round it(not a very good one and my mate still managed a 0mph crash using it) and so do the rock drops I mentioned. Also I feel signage would be important and I am trying to think of the best method for that on shared trails. Signs like “mixed trail” and bikes approaching at speed and cyclists slow down I think would work.just not sure how to display them though. I did think of laminated posters on trees but thats farfrom ideal. Better than nowt tho!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No comment on today and yesterday, however, I don’t think Cheeky Monkey will mind me saying this. bigthunder, if you get asked by the Rangers to put forward a written proposal, we are working on something very similar, smallish urban wild park, council owned, lots of potential user conflict. If, in the future, you need a template, starting point or ideas, we can forward you a copy, although that may not be until after we have presented it to the council. You can get in touch with CM via SingletrAction website and either he or I can send you a copy.

bigthunder
    Free Member

I can spell banannannna but I just dont know when to stop! Sorry. Yeah that sounds great. Ive got a meeting with IMBA as well so Im hoping they will help as well. Thanks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok

I have clearly bollooxed this up and peed people off – and for that I am sorry. It was not my intent to sideline Bigthunder or to take over, nor to dictate.

I had hoped to make a positive difference.

I have contacts with a whole load of folk from different places who are interested in trailbuilding and repair so if you get to the point where help is needed let me / us know thru here.

Similarly if you need help in making a proposal or my input would be welcome in meeting with the rangers please use it.

In real life I am actually a good communicator,good at writing proposals, and good at finding consensus – unlikely as that sounds to those who know me only from here.

So bigthunder – again I apologise. Use my offer of help as and when needed and with that I will back off until asked

coastkid
    Free Member

If you two want to meet up and smoke the peace pipe were having a nightride here in East Lothian tomorrow night(Thurs 26th) 7pm meet at the pub car park (Winton) at Pencaitland, GW, Stanfree and myself and maybe a few others, no fighting though or we will feed you to The Trolls in Butterdean Woods 😉

bigthunder
    Free Member

Thank you very much TJ. Ive a funny feeling you and I would be an awesome team and I truthfully hope we CAN work together to get this sorted for the best. Im a firm believer in that theres no point in surrounding yourself with those who think the same – to me its pointless. If you and I team up we will have a much more balanced position. Its not all about me and what I want. Our combined efforts and the offers of help we have both had on here should make for a great wee project. Please dont back off and please consider your opinions worthwhile.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Thanks coastkid but my work means I can only get out at the w/ends tho. Shame coz my mate bob came out with ya all and spoke very highly of yall and I value his opinion. Said ya were fast. And I bought my bike rack off stanfree!

coastkid
    Free Member

A hip flask will slow us all down a bit BT :mrgreen:
    tel Bob to fire along, i owe him a pint 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bigthunder – you have my e mail. when my help is needed use it.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Or a leisurely ride to the cramond inn for a pint and tall tales and banter

bigthunder
    Free Member

Ck will do! Try and get out with him one night. Good pentlands route and the flotterstone inn after great! Tj thanks again. Bazooka joe – cramond inns nice as well. Look forward to that.

Northwind

PaulGillespie – Member

I get the impression that Rangers do not want techie sections in case they are too hard for families or anyone can’t manage them and falls off.

These trails will be aimed at beginners not blue\red\black.

FWIW, assuming you’re talking of CH, the feasability study says exactly the opposite, and includes plans for blue and red trails.

coogan
    Free Member

Can they put a chairlift in?

Northwind

Join the queue, I want my chairlift at Bonaly first :mrgreen:

bigthunder
    Free Member

Might be using the chairlift at hillend for bikes. Maybe.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Northwind – wow!…if it happens…

I just think there’s too much contention and not enough space up the hill. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Corstorphine Hill again.’ is closed to new replies.