Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cordless mouse
  • Moe

Can anyone recommend a decent value mouse for use with a laptop? Is there such a thing as a left handed cordless mouse? (although I suspect it would be overpriced).

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve always been impressed with my Microsoft 4000 blue track. Cheap on eBay and one of the very few things I’d recommend made my MS.
    Not sure they do a LH version but worth a look.

wombat

I’ve got an HP one, works fine.

It can easily be made into a left handed one by putting in on the left side of the keyboard 😉

(You can swop the buttons round to be left handed using the mouse settings in the control panel if you like.)

mmannerr

Properly ergonomic left handed mouses are rare these days but I can get by using smallish “universal” models. Midrange models from Microsoft and Logitech work fine until they don’t and are cheap to replace.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

My 9 year old Logitech wireless mouse has only just died although it was ambidextrous rather than LH.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m using an HP X3000 i think it is (writing is so small i can’t be sure) I use it left handed but with the buttons set for a right handed person as i often swap around and use my right hand.

jam-bo

i’ve got a logitech m505 that seems be magic as i’m pretty sure i’ve never changed the battery in it and its at least 5 years old, used daily and never turned off.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Top tip

If you cut an old USB connector of a USB lead, you can thread a bit of string though it and then tie it to your mouse so that you can plug it in to your computer and not lose it.

Cougar

I’ve had a Logitech one with a little “nano” USB receiver for ever. Must be ten years old and never missed a beat, and as JB says the batteries last for ever (in comparison with two MS ones which go through a set of batteries in a week). Definitely recommended.

Avoid Bluetooth ones, they’re rubbish (or at least, they were the last time I used one, might’ve improved now.)

timber

Got a Logitech M535. The Bluetooth is a pain when it doesn’t want to play, but is just for an occasional laptop so not too bothered to do anything about it, fine most of the time with no extra dongle to plug in. The shape is comfortable and symmetrical, so will work for wrong handers;)

stumpy01

Not a left handed mouse, but I’ve got an Anker Wireless Vertical Mouse – it was about £12 from Amazon.

I actually write left handed, but use a mouse with my right hand.

They don’t seem to do a left handed version, which is a shame as it’s really comfortable (looks a bit weird). Batteries last about 6 weeks (2AAA) and it ‘just works’…..

Not sure it would be a great shout if you need to store it in a laptop bag (it’s quite bulky) but I was getting really bad forearm/wrist pain from using the mouse at work (doing 3-D CAD monkey stuff all day) and this mouse sorted me out a treat…

Bimbler
    Free Member

Not sure if they do a left hander or even an ambidextrous but I’m a massive fan of the Logitech mice with the “hyperfast” scroll wheel, great for spreadsheets or anything else where you scroll a lot. The previous generation one which lasted me about 5 years went through a set of batteries every 3 months or so, my current one “M705” is still on original batteries after a year(?), something like that anyway.

Moe

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve had a Logik for about two years but it started getting the shakes yesterday and when I changed the batteries it completely lost it, scooting all over the screen unaided! Not too worried about the left handed ones, just thought if anyone knew of a good one I might give it a go.

irc

I’m left handed and find my Microsoft 1000 mouse comfortable to use. Flawless for a couple of years now since I bought it. Not the cheapest but good shape to use.

Edit I see that for some reason Amazon has the bloack version at £25 and the pink one at £4.99 A steal at £4.99.

skids
    Free Member

Logitech M185, i have been using it for years without issue and it’s ambidextrous

Cougar

I actually write left handed, but use a mouse with my right hand.

As do I. Two reasons.

1) My first experience with a mouse was on an Atari STM. It plugged into the right hand side of the machine and the cord was too short to reach across to the left.

2) My primary input method is the keyboard, the mouse is a support act. Makes sense to have the mouse on my offhand. (See also, knife and fork.)

Moe

Bought an Advent in Currys in the end £9.99, feels nice and solid with soft touch buttons, the scroll wheel works well and the shape fits comfortably ……. it even included batteries!

mogrim

Write with my left, mouse on the right. For similar reasons to Cougar above. And I use a Logitech wireless mouse, haven’t got the endless battery life others have reported but it’s perfectly acceptable.

clodhopper
    Free Member

Best mouse I’ve ever used is my current one, an Apple wireless. ‘Magic Mouse’ it’s called, apparently. Expensive, but it’s had constant daily use for about 6 years, and shows no sign of giving up. No other mouse has lasted me more than a few months. I use mine left-handed, and buttons/gestures are easily configurable. Batteries last for ages. The current version is rechargeable.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cordless mouse’ is closed to new replies.