Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Convince me about Arm/Leg Warmers….
  • Kryton57

I’m mostly a “for training only” roadie with my heart in MTB (although as I get older etc…)

So why should I invest in Arm / Leg warmers rather than continue to wear a sleeved base layer under a top on my road rides?

Benefits/pitfalls?

Klunk
    Free Member

easy to take off and stash if you get to hot or put on if you get cold

yunki
    Free Member

I bought some armwarmers in the autumn for MTB.. awesome bit of kit for regulating temp

monksie
    Free Member

self edited. uncalled for comments.
    I use arm, full leg and knee warmers on just about every commute, weekend ride etc from late autumn to early spring.
    Make sure they fit properly and are decent quality.
    Lovely things.
    The Morvelo one’s will make you look like a Power Ranger though.

the-muffin-man

IMO arm warmers under a top or other layers doesn’t work as you can’t pull them up when they (will) fall down.

They are ideal for cool spring rides – short sleeve jersey, gillet and armwarmers.

Leg warmers – I could never get on with them, always working their way down. 3/4 bibs are better.

crazy-legs

TBH I don’t really like leg warmers (they never stay put on me) but arm and knee warmers are fantastic, really versatile. Ideal for early starts when you know it’ll warm up later and great for warm ups before races – wear your race kit with those then strip them off on the start line quickly and easily.

Makes regulating body temperature on long climbs and descents really easy too.

mrmo
    Free Member

if your riding in conditions where the temperature is likely to change, ie commuting so evening is warmer than morning, longish rides in the spring/summe/autumn they mean you can remove some clothing as it gets warmer, and if you only have a limited amount of space to stash things, they easily fit in jersey pockets.

jeb

As i started mtb i was wearing cotton trainers during winter times!
    Result real sore knees……
    -so now i always has to wear knee warmers, with windstopper, even in summmertime…. but it does not bother me really, never been a hipster 🙂
    -so dress proberly, knee and armwarmers, awesome kit.

drofluf
    Free Member

I ‘discovered’ arm warmers this year. Great piece of kit especially for spring and autumn. My commute takes me in early morning and I leave mid-afternoon.. Morning is too cool for short sleeves and afternoon to warm for long so a great compromise

RealMan
    Free Member

My arm warmers only ever come out when I don’t have a clean long sleeve jersey or I’m going to ride up and down mountains over 1600m high, or warming up for a race.

Leg warmers are great though, they allow you to use your favourite bib shorts for like 9-10 months of the year, rather then just 2.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    So why should I invest in Arm / Leg warmers rather than continue to wear a sleeved base layer under a top on my road rides?

armwarmers are way warmer than a base layer, and if you are like me and have very lean (i.e. cold) arms then you need extra warmth there.

I don’t bother with leg warmers but knee warmers are ace cos that’w where I get cold.

Add the versatility of quick removal & easy stowage and the versatility makes them unbeatable for spring/autumn rides.

cheers_drive

I’ve never tried leg warmers but arm warmers are great, often teamed with a gillet.
    With leg warmers your legs will be warm but your nether regions will still be covered by thin summer weight lycra so I don’t get it.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

As has been said above, both are brilliant for when either there’s a big change in temperature or when you’re (like me) find it hard to stay warm until you’re properly warmed up then promptly get too hot. Easy to take on and off and stow in a back pocket, or even just roll down.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Convince me about Arm/Leg Warmers….’ is closed to new replies.