Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Continental Tyres
  • philfive
    Free Member

Are the non black chilli any good? I’m looking at the barons?

philfive
    Free Member

Anyone?

ruscle
    Free Member

I only use the black chilli, don’t want to compromise on the only thing in contact with the ground. Well worth the money, life-cycles are about the cheapest at £36 posted.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

RQ for trail riding and Barons for DH, both great tyres and now I’m a convert from Maxxis, not tried the non-BC ones though.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Barons or Der Baron for downhill RJ? Barons are 2.3 trail tyres, Der Baron are 2.5 DH tyres.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

sorry Der Barons, 2.5

Dino
    Free Member

got some RQ’S ok, edge grip on front not as good as Maxxis H/Rollers

rocketman
    Free Member

Are the non black chilli any good?

Horrible plasticky things. Avoid.

RV
    Free Member

I used the 2.3 Barons in the alps this year and the were very good and lasted much better than the maxxis the other boys had. Only had one high speed blow out in 10 days and tyres far from worn out and very grippy. using Rubber queens black chilli, tubeless and they are very strong and fantastic grip. X kings are great in the 2.4 black chilli in dry conditions but do not get wet.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

X kings are great in the 2.4 black chilli in dry conditions but do not get wet.

Agreed.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2.2 rq UST, don’t think they’re black chilli, and they’re awesome.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

X kings are great in the 2.4 black chilli in dry conditions but do not get wet

I discovered this last night on a slippy, clay based, rooty off camber goat trail.

Twitch-tastic twitch lord.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2.2 rq UST, don’t think they’re black chilli, and they’re awesome.

Earliest UST ones weren’t but all the stuff in the channel now should be.

Rubber Queen models 2.2
    0100194 wire
    0100195 folding
    0100229 folding black chili
    0100423 UST folding black chili

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Earliest UST ones weren’t but all the stuff in the channel now should be.

Yeap, mine aren’t. I have owned some 2.4 Black Chili Protections too and can confirm that they roll better.

beanieripper
    Free Member

ive run bc and non bc conti tyres, x kings & verts, the non bc ones are fine, hardly plasticy, the bc ones are marginally more grippy and roll a bit better, both the x kings roll the same as far as i can tell.. bc ones are a bit, and i mean a bit better, not 3 times the price better though…

Mister-P
    Free Member

For the fans of big wheels there is also a 28 x 2.2 Rubber Queen on the way in folding non-BC which is model number 0100420.

philfive
    Free Member

Just a follow up. I ended up getting the 2.2 rubber queens, non black chilli and I’m impressed.. £16 each is a good price, i can’t imagine the black chilli being 3 times better to justify the price.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Continental Tyres’ is closed to new replies.