Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Continental Mountain King mkII
  • AlexSimon

They seem to be about now (after never seeming to launch).
    Anyone got some and ridden them?
    I thought they might be a good option.
    Prices seem to go from a very reasonable £14 for bog standard versions to a pretty steep (but increasingly common) £40 for the ProTection Black Chili versions.

I’d be interested in reports and comparisons. I’m currently down to one set of tyres between two bikes! (Maxxis Ardent 2.25).

joolsburger
    Free Member

Where I haven’t seen one stockist yet.

VanMan
    Free Member

Been riding around on the 2.4 Black Chilli Protection version for the past month, got them from Rock & Road in Stirling (my LBS), replaced a set of Maxxis HR’s. So far so impressed, not quite as good on damp rock or in mud as the HR’s, but infinitely better for maintaining speed.

They are a bit better in the mud now that I’ve lowered the pressures in the front, but it still wanders a bit. Cornering requires confidence, because they drift then bite which is great fun.
    What took the most to get used to was the noise from the rear tire on tarmac, it sounds like you are riding along with a flat tyre!

Overall would buy them again. Also contrary to the website the protection is UST compatible (well according to the box I haven’t tried yet).

AlexSimon

joolsburger – a google shopping search this morning came up with a load of ‘in stock’ results. Some were showing certain sizes/styles in stock and others out of stock, so I think they are genuine.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah I just bought one from Rutland. I’ll have a go with a 2.4 on the front and see how I get on. Look promising and it’ll give me a way of using up my old ones on the rear.

AlexSimon

I like the ardent because it feels quite fast rolling.
    VanMan’s report of road buzz, makes me think that it’ll feel less quick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Continental Mountain King mkII’ is closed to new replies.