• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Contador looks for new team.
  • saleem
    Free Member

I guess the 5 million euro's a season he was offered is not enough, tough going ah.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

for 5 million euro's i'd run the tour de france

saleem
    Free Member

It would take me the year to do that.

FuzzyWuzzy

Well Vino pretty much runs the Astana team doesn't he and if he fancies himself as a GC rider next year I'd be off to. At least Wiggo could help him on the flat stages (and in a TTT if they bring it back) if he joined Sky.

speaker2animals

There could of course be reasons other than money. Team support for example. Though I have to say that I thought the team did surprisingly well but maybe he feels the pressure he was under was down to lack of support?

Or it could be the money. Maybe he is thinking if the Schleck bros leave Riis squad that he will be looking for a Tour contenter?

FuzzyWuzzy

I think Riis is mostly looking for a sponsor atm

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Hope he gets himself a good team because them the Schleck brothers are going to rip him a new arsehole next year

Marge
    Free Member

I read Riis has a new lead sponsor in Sungard but requires a couple of smaller ones to fill the coffers.

I am surprised anyone could question the support that Bertie got from Astana. In the mountains he was the only rider with any real support. Navarro gave everything for him…

I don't think even Vino would be arrogant enough to think he was a TdF contender. Maybe he could squeeze a Vuelta or Giro out like Menchov but not the big one…

SST
    Free Member

Navarro was awesome. Reminded me of Landis working for Armstrong a few years back . . .

glenp
    Free Member

Contador was well enough supported. I don't imagine he appreciated Vino doing his own thing, although I agree Vino was never in contention for GC. Not sure that Astana are going to be on the A list for the Tour if Contador is no longer there.

AC is the best rider by a way at the moment – he never looked uncomfortable this year and managed the race very well. He should get in wherever he wants really.

aP
    Free Member

Navarro was awesome. Reminded me of Landis working for Armstrong a few years back . . .

I see what you did there… 😉

MSP

other than Navarro I don't think that astana have served him that well, clearly Armstrong undermined him and tried to take over as team leader, and mad bad vinnie has been a disruprive influence this year.

hora
    Free Member

I'd want to be paid in real money ($) not Mickey mouse money so maybe hes hoping for a stable currency as payment?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Contador looks for new team.’ is closed to new replies.