Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Confused? read me.
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

If you’re arriving here and wondering what is happening then listen up:

A few days ago singletrackworld.com got hacked in a big way. Details of which can be read on the blog.

Due to various security implications we couldn’t restore the old site. So this forum was set up so that you wouldn’t all run away.

You must now re-register with a new username (it can be the same as your previous one). Once you are approved (which should be fairly quick) you’ll be emailed a password.

You’ll be able to change this password once logged it. But DO NOT change it to what your old one was – particularly if using the same username.

Any questions?

😀

radoggair
    Free Member

Where do you click tp change your password once logged in????

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

click on your username, then “edit this information”.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

do you know how much of our info got out for public viewing? Is it just email addy, password, and anything else in the profile?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

just username, email address and encrypted password.

It would only be a problem if you used the same username and password for a more sensitive account, someone unencrypted your password, then attempted to access services you might use.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

cheers, should be fine then.

Spesh99
    Free Member

do you know how much of our info got out for public viewing? Is it just email addy, password, and anything else in the profile?

The following data was released- it is basically anything that you filled in as your forum details (note the forum is completely separate from subscription details). Ive commented on the important ones:

uid
    name- your name
    uname- your username
    email- email address
    femail- not sure what this one is but for me it was the same as “email”
    url- your website if you filled it in
    pass- your password md5 encrypted. I had a 8 character password and trying to brute force it I gave up after 6 hours
    newsletter- if you subscribe to the newsletter or not
    banned
    storynum
    umode
    uorder
    thold
    noscore
    bio- optionally what you wrote about yourself to display on your forum profile
    ublockon
    ublock
    theme
    commentmax
    counter
    conversionflag
    icq- optional details
    aol- optional details
    yahoo- optional details
    msn- optional details
    jabber- optional details
    regdate
    last_seen
    signature- the optional signature at the bottom of your forum post
    permission_level
    max_group_permission_level
    domain- the ip of the last place you signed in
    regtext- dont know what this is- I never had it filled in

99% of people have nothing to worry about. The small percentage of people who had very weak passwords or use the same passwords for their email account as they do for website accounts should follow the Singletrack advice and change their passwords.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Confused? read me.’ is closed to new replies.