• This topic has 153 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 66deg.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • Confess to your guilty pleasures
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Ok, well I got the impression it was a bit more than “the odd slice”.

Put it this way, if I am cutting up potatoes for sunday lunch I might have a chunk or two, I don’t ever just peel one and eat it as a snack.

Still, didn’t know that, although the jury seems to be out about the real potential for ill-effects other than about eating green potatoes (which I knew). It seems many vegetables (such as radish) can carry similar risks and lots of the risk is in picking up bugs like e coli from the soil they are grown in, so the same would be saif for carrots, onions etc that are often eaten raw?

binners

Nipper99 – Member
    Donner meat and chips.

But does it count as a guilty pleasure if you can never remember having eaten it?, and have to rely on the detritus and after-effects the following morning?

johndoh
    Free Member

Positives from eating raw potato…

All this has a positive side in that the fermentation of resistant starches increases the production of butyrate, a fatty acid that is associated with favorable effects on diseases in the colon.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I dont drink so don’t have that excuse but have confessed to Mrs Nipper – even the cat wont eat the donner meat so its all mine 😀

Solo
    Free Member

Potatoes contain two glycoalkaloid saponins

hot_fiat

Music:
    Pink – not when she sings her own stuff, but when she covers classic rock songs.
    Take That live, forget their recorded music, live they are amazing.

Driving:
    Quick up-shifts in the Abarth under bridges and through tunnels. BANG! or if I’m really lucky BANG-BANG!
    That little hovering wheelie I get on the KTM when launching it away from roundabouts. It must only be a few cm off the deck but it feels soooo goood. 8)

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Books: David Gemmell and Bernard Cornwall which break down to Sharpe , Sharpe with Bows and Arrows and Sharpe with swords and saxs.

Crisps. especially “odd” flavours Guinness flavour being a current joy.

Yup, love David Gemmell, Dark prince and Lion of Macedon…

I also love cheesy chips ( thanks Binners) 😀

Oh, and Prefab Sprout 😳

binners

You’ve eaten donner meat sober? You may be unique in this 😯

mikey74
    Free Member

Carol Kirkwood.

I’m with you there.

Fast and Loud (Gas Monkey Garage)
    Cooking programs
    Gin and Slimline Tonic
    Crisps of most varieties.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Music:
    Pink – not when she sings her own stuff, but when she covers classic rock songs.
    Take That live, forget their recorded music, live they are amazing.

It’s all coming out now. Let it flow, confess my child.

SaxonRider

Too many to mention, really.

1. I spend many an evening at the kitchen table doing ‘work’ on my laptop, but really DJ-ing 80’s music on Spotify and/or Youtube while my wife puts the kids’ lunches together for the next day at school, and asking ‘Do you remember this band?’ ad nauseum.

2. I read STW more than I write my own work.

3. I have a bit of a crush on Sophie Ellis Bextor.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hayley Williams (Paramore)
    Gwen Stefani
    Carol Vorderman

😳

hot_fiat

Does, despite the ridiculous oration, finding that some (not all) of what George Galloway says makes sense, count? If you squint a bit.

edit: actually, that’s not really a guilty pleasure.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And I don’t give one single iota of a damn what any of you say.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

^^^^ 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

How is Gwen Stefani a guilty pleasure.

Flash you may have taken this thread into unchartered water we will never return from 😯

z1ppy

“Under the boardwalk!” yep, I never owned that (or at least have no idea how I came to own it)

SaxonRider

hot_fiat – Member
    Does, despite the ridiculous oration, finding that some (not all) of what George Galloway says makes sense, count? If you squint a bit.

I’m with you there, hot_fiat.

zippykona

I never had a problem with George Lamb.

66deg
    Free Member

We rewatch Buffy The Vampire Slayer seasons 1 to 7 every winter.
    Feels good to get that off my chest.

jekkyl

this is mine.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable?

All those women moaning about their mother in laws and their neighbours and their kids and their husbands, it’s very carthartic, I love it.

Harry_the_Spider

I like a crafty HP Sauce sandwich.

I can go from initial idea, to construction and consumption within 15 seconds.

If the items are in the right order I can do it whilst walking through the kitchen without stopping.

chip
    Free Member

But does it count as a guilty pleasure if you can never remember having eaten it?, and have to rely on the detritus and after-effects the following morning?

I once woke up on a friends couch with a banging hangover and candle wax all down my right arm and front of my shirt and shoes and could not work out how this had happened.

After a full stewards I came to the conclusion I must have eaten the greasiest donner kebab known to man whilst staggering back after a night out.
    Unless they have actually made donner meat fat scented candles.

racefaceec90

i will always love the neverending story (both the limahl classic and film).

also falco’s rock me amadeus.

i like phil collins also [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qBaBb1Y-U[/video] 8)

and alyson hannigan.

Solo
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    I like a crafty HP Sauce sandwich.

But is it a guilty pleasure on the basis of what it is, of that you had it, crafty like.

I say both, so double points!
    😉

SaxonRider

If you’re going down the Phil Collins path, raceface90, then I might as well admit to liking a couple of post-Peter Gabriel Genesis tunes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve just eaten a 12 pack of mini rolls. More nausea than guilt at the mo although I’m sure the guilt is coming

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“Who was the lead singer of Genesis before Phil Collins?”

“Send your answers on a postcard to the Peter Gabriel Competition, BBC television centre”

Copywrite Smashy and Nicey

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Queen. Anything with a big fat screaming Brian May guitar solo – like lots of the stuff on A Kind Of Magic. Desperately uncool and makes me feel a bit dirty, but I’ll be 40 soon so meh

emsz
    Free Member

Avril Lavigne, paramore, Fall Out Boy. If its MOR American teen rock, then its pretty much on my iPod

Lunch time drinking

Baked Cheesecake straight from the fridge as soon as I come home from work

My Onesie

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Alyson Hannigan?

I seem to remember she was pretty cute!

I’m working from home today, so I’ll just have a quick google to check that out, my memory is rubbish. BRB.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Eating the paper cases cupcakes/muffins come in.

Northwind

Internet forums

emsz – Member

Avril Lavigne

I saw Avril Lavigne live once, which probably means I’m on some sort of register. She was good though. I’m wiiiiiiiiii yooooohoooooohoohoooooooo

bearnecessities

I once worked with a chap in his 40’s who had a picture of Avril Lavigne on his desk.

This was in 2003.

racefaceec90

gofasterstripes this is one of my fav pics of her

Bunnyhop

Bird watching. I love going out to a bird hide or travelling to an RSPB reserve.
    Just can’t get enough of them, never ever get tired of seeing common birds such as robins, blackbirds etc.

Elton John – I love all his early stuff and have seen him live 9 times, with was worth every penny in my book.

rOcKeTdOg

Folk & country

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yep.

jamj1974

Mine are…

– Chip butty’s
    – Chips with Chinese takeaway
    – Afternoon naps with the cat
    – John Hughes films
    – Films with Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant

chewkw
    Free Member

I like watching these two families …

Family guy

American dad

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Confess to your guilty pleasures’ is closed to new replies.