Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Conditions at Ae Forest
  • jed6906
    Free Member

I and a group of lads from work are planning on travelling to Ae Forest on Tuesday 14 Feb. It is going to take us about 2 hrs 30 mins to get there, anyone know what the current conditions are like in order to ensure our trip is worth while.

Cheers

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Not been into the forest but passed by yesterday and there was a small amount of snow on the side of the road. Expected to get warmer this week so I would guess there will be some puddles and the odd bit of lingering snow at the highest point, nothing to stop a trip though.

Think cafe is on winter opening hours so is unlikely to be open on tuesday.

Someone who rode at the weekend might be able to comment on actual trail conditions, have you tried the 7stanes website?

jed6906
    Free Member

Cheers for that, yes I have tried 7stanes site and it doesn’t mention snow or ice, but you can’t beat some local knowledge. Thanks again

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I might be heading out there tomorrow, if i do will give you the low down.

simonralli2
    Free Member

There has been some minor hill snow around Dumfries, but as for snow at ground level, we have totally missed out this winter. We just had one day with a dusting and that was it, so I wouldn’t worry about snow.

In fact Ae has been getting quite busy recently, maybe because Glentress and Innerleithen have been bad, who knows?

Trekster

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/ae-was-a-bit-slippery-today-t21892.html
    Take it easy if you do go!!
    Other options are a double header of Drumlanrig + the shortened Mabie

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, at the speed i go at it i should be ok!!

Trekster

Enjoy 😆
    Unusually 3 of the posters are Ae fans 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

It is icy in parts but mainly on the fire roads most of the singletrack is fine.

A wee bit along Grannies Green Luv could be tricky just as you exit the woods there are some rocks to get over, icy round that.

Nice ride today, course is very claggy hard work in places!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Conditions at Ae Forest’ is closed to new replies.