Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • condenser dryer and water under floors
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

we have a condenser dryer – purposely bought because of the need for it to be inside.

Howeer i have noticed that the laminate flooring in the hall is warping and lifting, and also noticed now that there is water seeping through the floor tiles and grout – only in one spot and directly opposite the dryer.

Anyone able to offer adivce?

properbikeco
    Free Member

pull out the dryer and investigate???

if you pout down some newspaper and then run the machine you will quickly find if it is leaking

alternative the humid air may be condensing on cold floor or walls and eventually finding its way down to burst the floor

Greybeard
    Free Member

alternative the humid air may be condensing on cold floor or walls

If the condenser dryer is working properly, all the condensing should be inside it. Sounds to me as if there’s a leak in the collection system. If the collection vessel overfills it should stop the dryer but if the cut-out isn’t triggering it could be overflowing.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Water seeping up from underneath the floor? I don’t really see how the drier, on top of the floor, could be forcing water up, from under the floor? Ours is in a small porch and although it gets very hot in there and feels pretty sweaty there isn’t actually any condensation. The heat might cause some distortion in laminate directly under it I guess, but not elsewhere…

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

It’s not forcing water up, as you walk on some of the tiles the water comes up! It’s situated by a wall near the kitchen door. When you walk past you can feel warm air coming from it when it’s on!

simonbowns
    Free Member

We had exactly this – a hose had popped off the back (feeds the reservoir) so water was just running down the back of the machine.

Have you pulled it out to take a look?

Cougar

What’s on the other side of the wall?

Any pipes under the floor?

JCL
    Free Member

That laminate is dead.

scaredypants

What’s on the other side of the wall?

Yeh – and are there any gateways to other dimensions near you

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Laminate was crap anyway!

GrahamS

How full is the collection vessel?

Overflowing = bad. Empty = bad.

(unless of course you’ve plumbed it in and don’t use the collection vessel)

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Never overfull or emptied completely. Think there is going to be something broken!

matt_outandabout

I also think our old condenser drier pumped huge amounts of liquid into the house. Really noticeable in the small laundry room it was in.

We now have a vented one.

properbikeco
    Free Member

don’t know of any dryer that has a refrigeration coil in it and until that happens any condenser dryer WILL raise the humidity of the room it is operating in – simple thermodynamics

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘condenser dryer and water under floors’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM